Hi I'm new, 6 y/o son has severe ODD (? CD)

JJJ

Has he ever had a sleep-deprived EEG?? I would beg your pediatrician for a referral to a neurologist for a full work-up including a sleep-deprived EEG. It just sounds 'seizurey'.

I would also strongly second the earlier recommendation to eliminate casein and gluten. Actually, with how young he is and how severe his behaviors, I would go for a full restricted elimination diet for 6 weeks and see if it helps. You'd have to get everything out of your house that isn't on the diet and any adult supervising him (including school) would have to be 100% on board.

Definitely an advocate to help with getting a better IEP. If you head over to the Special Education section of this board and post the basic of what the current IEP says and what you want, we can help you frame these to have a better chance to get what he needs from the school.

Last ♡ Hope

Has he ever had a sleep-deprived EEG?? I would beg your pediatrician for a referral to a neurologist for a full work-up including a sleep-deprived EEG. It just sounds 'seizurey'.

I would also strongly second the earlier recommendation to eliminate casein and gluten. Actually, with how young he is and how severe his behaviors, I would go for a full restricted elimination diet for 6 weeks and see if it helps. You'd have to get everything out of your house that isn't on the diet and any adult supervising him (including school) would have to be 100% on board.

Definitely an advocate to help with getting a better IEP. If you head over to the Special Education section of this board and post the basic of what the current IEP says and what you want, we can help you frame these to have a better chance to get what he needs from the school.

I believe he had an EEG the last time he was in (admitted on 2.14.11 for two weeks), but just a regular EEG, not sleep deprived. It was normal, I guess. Is it worth pursuing specifically a sleep deprived EEG?

JJJ

Last ♡ Hope;415732 said:
I believe he had an EEG the last time he was in (admitted on 2.14.11 for two weeks), but just a regular EEG, not sleep deprived. It was normal, I guess. Is it worth pursuing specifically a sleep deprived EEG?

Yes, it is definitely worth it. Tigger had multiple regular EEGs, wore a 24-hour EEG for 5 days, and it wasn't until his 3rd sleep-deprived EEG that they finally 'caught' the seizures.

Last ♡ Hope

Yes, it is definitely worth it. Tigger had multiple regular EEGs, wore a 24-hour EEG for 5 days, and it wasn't until his 3rd sleep-deprived EEG that they finally 'caught' the seizures.

Okay, good to know, thank you!

HOW did you get your Dr.s to continue doing the EEGs when the first one(s) were normal? I'm afraid I'm going to have a losing battle if I push for more than one...

H

HaoZi

You keep pushing to rule in or out ALL possible physical causes or complications, even if you have to drag him to a children's hospital to do it. After all, if they'd gotten it right by now, you wouldn't be here, right?