"Hi, Mom. I'm still on in labor yet." WHAT???

BusynMember

I thought when you were induced, it went fast.

So all day at work, without my phone, I am thinking about the baby. Then I speed home, luckily no ticket, and call the hospital and get through to her, expecting to hear good news, but it turns out she's not in labor yet, seven hours later. She has gotten her epidural. She has no interest in experiencing the pain of natural childbirth...lol. She has now dilated to five and the doctor broke her water. I said encouragingly it should go fast now and she said her doctor said she's about halfway there and maybe around dinner time. What is dinner time? It's different for everyone.

So there is nothing I can do now and Julie was laughing and telling me to keep calm and walk the dog, our new thing we say to each other when we are getting hyper. I got off the phone, and my ex called asking if I'd heard anything and I told him and now I'm going to go to the gym and work out. I have plenty of energy to burn right now!!!

Tom send flowers to Julie. She should get them tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a baby by then! Thursday we go down to see her. I really can't wait. This is the first one I'll get to be close to. 36's son is just too far away. I am experimenting with Grandma things I may want to be called. Nana? Gran? Grammy? Grammy Pammy?????? I sent that to Julie and she texted back, "MOM, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I said "J/K."

Talk to you all later!

dstc_99

I picked Nonny. I don't know why I just hated all the grandma references. LOL Of course I am only a Nonny to two dogs right now. HEHEHE I figure I am just planning ahead.

I hope you have a grandbaby soon!

JKF

Growing up I had a gram and a nana. Gram was always my favorite. ;)

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

helpangel

G-ma sounds a little like a rap artist LOL but another option. Anyway usually water broken means this is happening today so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Looking forward to hearing all about your wonderful grandchild and it will be a little while before talking so you still have some time to decide on what want to be called. Listen to what others call you when hand baby to you and see if any of them makes you feel more warm & fuzzy then the other names.

Nancy

PS 2 of mine called my mom "granny" and she totally hated it, loved them but hated that name and got them to change it by the time they were 4yo

DammitJanet

My mom was Grammy so there was no way in hell was I being called that! I just kept saying "Come to Grandma" and that is what they all call me. Now this has been a problem for Monkey because ALL the grandmother's are called grandma...so there is Grandma Janet, Grandma Linda and Grandma Katie. LOL. She only has one Papa though!

My boys called my dad Papa so I sorta didnt want Tony to use that but he did anyway. We tried to get Monkey to call my dad something like great granddaddy or something but nope...she called him Grandfather in the most solemn reverent voice...lol.