Hi my brother beats me he 21, and my mom says i dont know what to do.

Alex A

me and couszin, great time catching the bass
the utube videos said true infomation. they said to much punishment and the child can become deppresed later in life and if u give him not enough they become independent and might make bad choices and think they can do whatever they want

AppleCori

Alex,

You really need to talk to a priest or counselor to get this sorted out, and find out what options you may have to move forward.

Maybe family counseling would help, at some point.

Alex A

we tried that, my brother wont come
and all we litreally talked bout the first time was his stupid retarted landscape buissness

Alex A

also my brother use to always do wheelies up and down the city side street
we tried that, my brother wont come
and all we litreally talked bout the first time was his stupid retarted landscape buissness
i meant we alredy tried counsle

Alex A

now i have to lock my yz125 2005 2200$ bike up, cas he would littrely kill himslef on it, wheelie like a domass on crackk, crap and drugs, this thing is fast, ive got 60mph on it

Alex A

just wondering do uu get paid to respond to all these threads, i woudnt judge cas theirs a lot of threads

BusynMember

I think you should talk to a Priest alone. Your parents have no clue, father beats you, brother is just plain mean. Sometimes you have to save yourself. You are 18.

Most of my tiny family ostracized me and in the end it made me much stronger and nothing like the toxic ones. I wasnt beaten, but emotionally beat up and I believed what I was told about me until I met my husband. Then my life started slowly getting better and it never quit. It is still getting better. You dont need your family if they dont treat ypu right. You can create your own family one day. I did. I love them to the moon. I have a very old father and two sibs left. One sib is an angel, nice to everyone in the world. The other is very critical of me in my opinion so I dont think it will ever work out. We just dont see life the same way at all and at this time I dont want negativity in my life. I learned I cant fix that sibling and I dont want that sibling trying to fix me. I like me. You have to like yourself. Dont let anyone take that from you. . Not your parents or siblings. This is important. in my opinion you need out.

Sad, but it happens sometimes.

Alex A

I think you should talk to a Priest alone. Your parents have no clue, father beats you, brother is just plain mean. Sometimes you have to save yourself. You are 18.

Most of my tiny family ostracized me and in the end it made me much stronger and nothing like the toxic ones. I wasnt beaten, but emotionally beat up and I believed what I was told about me until I met my husband. Then my life started slowly getting better and it never quit. It is still getting better. You dont need your family if they dont treat ypu right. You can create your own family one day. I did. I love them to the moon. I have a very old father and two sibs left. One sib is an angel, nice to everyone in the world. The other is very critical of me in my opinion so I dont think it will ever work out. We just dont see life the same way at all and at this time I dont want negativity in my life. I learned I cant fix that sibling and I dont want that sibling trying to fix me. I like me. You have to like yourself. Dont let anyone take that from you. . Not your parents or siblings. This is important. in my opinion you need out.

Sad, but it happens sometimes.
ya definelty aggreed never """You have to like yourself. Dont let anyone take that from you. . Not your parents or siblings. This is important. """"

ksm

Alex...I don't know if you have finished school or not. If you have, you should check on Job Corp or AneriCorp. They help young adults get training and jobs. You wouldn't live at home. They cover room and board and provide transportation and training. I believe most programs are a year long.

Do you have another relative that you could move in with? Could you find a job that would get you out of the house at the hours your dad and brother are usually home?

Have you thought about the military?

Talk to your priest, even if he can't change your situation, he may help you feel better about things and know about community help that might be available.

Calling the police is not a bad idea, they may press charges on the one who was physically aggressive, or if you are both fighting, you both may get in trouble.

If you can't move in permanently. Maybe you could rotate thru those five friends you listed and not be at your house very much. Be sure and be a good house guest. Clean up, help with chores, etc.

Good luck. Things will get better.

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
thx, but how can i move out, how much money will i have to make a week or month, or day, for an average house or aparment, your definalyty right she isnt a strong person, my brother is also many like the other forums on hhere, smoke weed, do nothing, steal, get into trouble, he always tells me im a pice of shitt, and loser, i never steal, 1 time he stole 100 dolars us from me, and i knew it was him, but my whole famly never belives me no matter how many times i tell them and no matter how much shittt has happend and no mater how many things hes stolen. my parents dont do anything, what should i do, move out, any other soulution/?/?thx

she doesnt toss him, out, she thinks he should stay in house if he needs to. my parents are so oblivous, and of course i want to be respectful, but this stuff happens it like i just feel srewed no mater what, my brother knows that im screwed from him,

it got so bad i was sent to a mental hosiptal for a week
locked doorsm, cant get out, stock u up on medications, i didsnt take them, oh but when i get back hes all nice, and wants to spend money on me so then he look great in front of my parents, cas of al the shitt hes stolen, but will deny everything even if it kills him, i dont have any1 on my side ecpet 1 friend, but he cant do anything,now im trying to get my license and bemcome a plumber,or learning courses for diving, or a fisherman for a living

Hello- I am so sorry you are going through all of this- so young. Your parents sound burned out and also possibly afraid of your brother.

Research job corps. Welcome to Job Corps

It helps get you a career and a job and will help you get out of your situation at home. Also call United Way and tell them your situation, they can help provide you with housing, job, services, etc.

Keep us posted. Glad you found this place, lot of people here with good advice and support.

Alex A

im gona be goin the rmv to take permit this monday, ben studying a lot. alredy took it once,

Alex A

so i want to become plumber, snorcelrelier or diving or fisherman and live in new hampshire i love new hampshire

BusynMember

Great plan. Look ahead. This is just a minute of your long life :). You can make the rest of your life wonderful and drama free. You have that power.