Hi there...

M

Mandy

Hi. I am new. Anna told me about this site. I'm just wondering if I belong. My kids don't have a disorder of any kind, but I have depression. You won't hurt my feelings if you say I don't belong here. I just wanted to check. Thanks. :smile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hello Mandy and welcome.

This forum/board is more oriented to children/parents dealing with children with disorders. But if you can find something useful here, by all means you're welcome to stay.

But you might also want to google for some adult sights, too. Especially since we focus on more childhood issues than adult ones.

Hugs :flower:

TerryJ2

Hi Mandy, I'd 2nd that. You'll find lots of interesting things here, and some of us suffer from depression, but it's generally situation-induced (aka by our kids!). I think you'll find adult sites more useful, but something here may strike you and you may want to stay.

:flower:

busywend

Is your depression since the loss of your 2nd child?

I lost a child as well. His name was Nicholas and he was stillborn. Feel free to Private Message (PM) me.

crazymama30

I think don't belong is too strong. That sounds too harsh. I do not think anyone would be upset that you are here, and the watercooler would be the most appropiate place.

KFld

I agree with the others. I think everyone is welcome here, but you may not get what you need from us. Your welcome to stay and join our family, but I would encourage you to look for other forums also that could be of more personal help to you at the same time.

goldenguru

Hi Mandy~

Welcome.

I would suggest posting in the water cooler where the topics are less related to kids and more related to all manner of life.

I also frequent another board - The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. (NAMI). They have an area specific to depression issues. Here is the link:

http://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=communities

But, to be honest, it just doesn't have the same 'feel' of community and family that this site has.

So, if you choose to stay (I hope you do) ... we look forward to hearing your story.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You're depressed and you wonder if you belong HERE?

-Thank you for the chuckle!

Welcome to the Board.