HI

radar

I am not sure waht difficult child etc all stands for.....am I even in the right space for me. I am strugglign with a daughter that is a coc addict. I need help as I miss her and I am not detaching very well.
I have a history of depression and that is where I am headed with all this stress.

busywend

Welcome Radar! There is a forum for Substance abuse.

I will move your post there for more advice related to addiction.

maril

Hi, radar. Welcome! I am sorry to hear of your struggles. There are many here to offer support and good information. I am fairly new here and consider myself fortunate to have found this site.

Click on FAQ/Board Help (at the top of the forum list) to find out more about Board Abbreviations/Acronyms (you mentioned you wondered what difficult child stands for).

I hope you are well and that we will hear from you again. :D

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
Welcome. You've come to the right place. We are all struggling with our children. If you could share some more information on your situation I'm sure others will be along to share their thoughts with you.

B

bran155

(((HUGS))) and welcome! You have stumbled across a wonderful site for support of all kinds. Finding this site has helped me tremendously! I have been able to detach because of these amazing parents. I was once lost in my daughter's world and unable to function daily. I was depressed and completely suffocated by pain. I suffered every minute I was awake. It took many years for me to detach enough to live in the moment but I did it. It is still a daily struggle. I try to take it one day at a time. I do have sad days but I am able to have happy ones now too.

You might want to do a signature at the bottom of your page so that we can all get to know you a bit. Others will be along to share their wisdom.

Hang in there, there are better days to come. :)