Hi.

O

OTE

My "User CP" says the last time I was here was 12/31/69. Hm... don't think it's been that long. LOL. I lurk a bit now and then but mostly have tried to bury my head and forget all difficult child stuff the last few years. Ok, doesn't really work but it's an attempt to get my life back. And I'm making significant progress in that area. Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know who you are.....lol....On the edge! I saw OTE and thought - NO, it couldn't be.....it's OTE! Sooo you haven't been here in a long time huh? 1969 was a very good year....hah.

Hope things are going well - glad to see you came out from lurking and let us know how you are doing.

Good to see you again - (keep thinking - what's it been 40 years?lol)

Hugs
Star

O

OTE

oh yea, for you and I it's been 40 years....since the pink tractor was brand new.

O

OTE

Hi Suz... long time...what's new? Yes, I just got determined tonight to figure out how to get back on here. Another of the reasons I didn't post, could never figure out all the changes. So I put a new signature on. They're 19, 17 and 14 now. Hope that's what you're seeing. I can't see my signature...another thing to figure out some day.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Welcome back. I'm sorry about your difficult child No.1 It must be difficult.
Sounds like the other 2 are making progress though.

It's wonderful to see you again.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
OTE, look at the top left of the page and click on User CP (User Control Panel). Then look on the left side and click on "Edit Options." Towards the bottom of that page you'll see something about making signatures "visible." Click on that box so that a check mark appears, save, and you should be able to see our (and your) signatures.

My Rob is now 25, engaged, and working as a roofer. He has come a very long way since you were here last (KNOCK ON WOOD!). He needed to learn some very hard lessons the very hard way; I hope your oldest will come around one of these days, too.

So tell us a bit more about you! :)

Suz

DammitJanet

Hey OTE...

I think about you quite often. Its good to see you back. Im sorry to hear about your oldest. Sigh. I had hoped he had come around and that is why you hadnt returned.

Since you have been gone Cory has had a baby, done the whole in and out of jail thing, moved out, matured...doing much better. Time has done wonderful things for him. There is hope. His dtr is now 3 and a great addition to all our lives.

Jamie is out of the Marines and works for the sheriffs dept in VA as an Animal Control Officer. He is married and has one 2 year old dtr and a little boy due next month.

Billy still lives with us and works for Radio Shack...pardon me...The Shack! He helps here at home since I tried to die last year from meningitis.

Thats my update. Im just down here getting older and older...lol. The grandkids keep me sane.

everywoman

OTE----good to see you. Are you still in the "triangle?" Hopefully life for you is better there than up north. Sorry to hear about difficult child, but there is always hope.

O

OTE

Thanks everyone for the welcome. It's so comforting to visit my old friends who I haven't seen in so long. (so to speak LOL). I'm still working on the catching up part. You all have news and much of it is good which is comforting. Congrats to all on the grandbabies and progress with your difficult children. I have a just 21 yr old daughter and 2 yr old grandson... sort of...our families are what we make them right??? difficult child brought her home as his girlfriend some time ago. He got kicked out, she stayed. She's made great progress as has the baby. difficult child not so much. The baby is a great joy for sure so I can relate to the grandparent joy.

We're still in the Triangle. Not sure I want to be here the rest of my life but it's good for now.

Got my Xolair shots this afternoon so have to mention to those of you with very serious allergy issues... Xolair has given me a quality of life I only dreamed about. I'd never heard of it until last yr. It's not the easiest medication to be on and it's insanely expensive but if it's environmental allergies which are life threatening Xolair can virtually cure it.

I also did the full year of DBT therapy myself which I can very highly recommend for both difficult children and those of us dealing with them.

I'm working now and the home computer isn't hooked up to the internet so right now I can only get on here when I can take a break from real work. And it's time to get back to that now. Hugs to all of you. I've missed each and every one of you.

lizanne2

Hey OTE------ I think of you often. Mu daughter, now officially a difficult child, asked about your youngest just the other day.

by the way Lizanne 2 screen name is the old Lizanne because I couldn'f figure out how to get on before either.

DDD

Add me to the many friends who have missed you and continued to send caring thoughts your way. I often think of you as we have a new member with a Mom much like yours. :anxious: It always triggers memories of you...and...she has a brother too. ;) I'm glad you're working and that things aren't as Godawful as they might have been. Welcome back. DDD

lovemysons

OTE! So GOOD to see you! I've wondered alot about you over the years.

So you aquired a daughter and a 2 yr old grandson...how cool.
You know I have a grandson now, Joey, by young difficult child...and he and his wife are expecting another...a girl!!!
Also Oldest difficult child and his 32 yr old girlfriend are expecting a baby too.
Hard to believe I'm a grandma, lol...do I REALLY look that old???

I'm so glad life is getting back on track for you. I DO hope that your oldest will get it together one of these days. Mine are still drinking and BOTH of them are on Felony probation...well, young difficult child will be as of the 26th of Aug. Young difficult child spit at 2 police officers and they, it looks like, are really throwin the book at him. Live and learn...

So anyway, I can't wait to see you more often now.
I'm so glad you got back on board.

Love ya,
Tammy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
OMG, you sound sooooooooo much better/happier than the last time I *talked* to you. I'm thrilled that you're working and moving on with your life. I'm really thrilled! :9-07tears:...these are happy tears!

Suz

N

Nomad

:DWelcome back!:D
When you mentioned "The Triangle," it brought back memories of discussions you had here about a move.
Totally cool about your new "daughter" and grandbaby.
Our son got married and I am very close to my new daughter in law. A gift from above.
VERY glad that you are happy and have moved forward...you sound GOOD!

rejectedmom

OTE, I can totally relate with trying to forget and move on. My difficult child hasn't done a whole lot of changing. But I live a relatively happy life filling it with friends and grandchildren and renovations. I still get heart pangs when I see a tall kid walking toward me and think of difficult child but for the most part I too am doing "good". I was just graduating HS in 1969 LOL time flys by I'm going to be 58 this week! Glad you are well and happy. -RM

Nancy

Hi OTE, it's nice to see you again. I don't have a whole lot of good news. My difficult child is traveling down a similar road to Suz's and I fear will have to learn hard lessons the hard way too. You sound good and I'm glad to hear about the grandbaby and new daughter.

Nancy

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello OTE. Didn't we used to call you "Edge" sometimes? Of course I remember you. My difficult child is now almost 23, and on Wednesday he flew to Thailand for a month (at least he was motivated to work and earn enough money to travel), so we are enjoying one month of peace and quiet. Time marches on and somehow we keep on muddling through.

Welcome back to the fold.

Love, Esther