Hiding Liquor

susiestar

Roll With It
Over the weekend Wiz told us that my mother claims to have been with gfgbro and seen me outside by our old car that hasn't run in 4 yrs and that I was drinking from a bottle hidden in a paper bag and I put it in the old car so that husband and the kids wouldn't know I was drinking!

First of all, I am not an alcoholic. Never had a problem stopping drinking and actually except for a couple of years in college I just am not a big drinker. The last ten yrs even a very very small bit of alcohol turns my IBS into severe agony. It just is NOT worth that to me. I have not hidden alcohol since I became old enough to buy it legally. husband and i both realize that we don't have problems with alcohol and neither of us would ever think to hide it from the other, much less to go and do it.

When my mother said this to Wiz, his reaction was "BS" straight to her face - and he does NOT cuss at gma/gpa. Gma went running to gpa, made a HUGE deal about Wiz saying that to her. Gpa came out, asked why Wiz said that and Wiz started to tell Gpa what Gma told him. My mother (Gma) shut Wiz up SUPERFAST with her "oh, this needs to be something that Wiz and I work out ourselves, I was just upset over other things and this just got to me, blah blah blah.

Gma never says another word to Wiz about it. Gpa, however, asks Wiz what was going on - and Wiz tells him. Apparently Gpa is NOT HAPPY with gma, which explains why she was suddenly so eager to take the kids to do something this last weekend. Gma needed a buffer.

We did a do-over on J's birthday, both at home and at Gma's - J's request. This weekend J heard my mother call gfgbro and tell him he was NOT going to come over because she had my kids there and she was NOT going to hurt them. He showed up, of course. J went into the next room with a door between her and my mom/bro. thank you was at the other end of the house and didn't know it happened. My mother told him he was leaving, was NOT getting a cup of coffee, was NOT sitting down and was NOT going to disrespect her this way.

I am glad she stood up to gfgbro. I won't ever count on it. She doesn't return my calls/email, so I am not contacting her. My only contact was for her birthday two weeks ago, and she couldn't even return that.

I am at the point where the koi like the bottle in the car (that didn't exist!) is funny. If Wiz believed any of it I would be very upset. He is so I'm not.

My mother has recognized that i WILL keep the kids from her if she is inappropriate in any way. I think she handled gfgbro fairly well. She ddi tell Jess that I had described a very dramatic reaction and that wasn't what she was seeing. My thoughts were along the lines of how could J feel she could show you any of her anxiety? J did have a meltdown and then nightmares for two nights after they got back, but that was tame for a usual casual sighting of gfgbro.

I am NOT getting pulled down into my mother's koi. I have been doing quite well at living my life with-o her for the last6 or so weeks, and it can stay this way if she wants to continue her problems.

I do wonder what kind of booze I was drinking and hiding in my car? A nice bourbon would be awesome, esp a imaginary bourbon wouldn't make me sick!

husband DID check the car to make sure that gfgbro didn't come by one day and stick a bottle or six in there - because it is SOOOOOO what gfgbro would do to try to convince my folks that I am the "bad" child.

H

HaoZi

Do you get a day off for the imaginary hangover, too? Glad Wiz knows better than to believe such!

H

HaoZi

You can come drink with me, Stang. One of my regulars has charged me with finding out if the guys in kilts at a local place wear them as a true Scot would. ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm just a little shilouetto of a man.......scatto mouch scatto mouch can you do the Fandangoooooooo? Thunderbolts and lighting, very very frighting ------yeah.........Gallil...........eooooooo

:mornincoffee: Whaschnt *shatttt shoo shinging shischter shooshie?"

Oh hello there Mishter bottle of Rippleeeeeeeee.............I believe I will partake once more out by the bonneville......shank you.......

H

HaoZi

Good food and even the guys wear kilts. Kiddo loves the place, too. I'll see if I can suggest it to you on FB.

susiestar

Roll With It
Dang, I wish I could go see the guys in kilts!! Years ago one cousin married a guy she met in a Scottish dancing group. He was quite a sight in his kilt - guy is about 6'2 and a total stringbean and cousin tops out at 4'10 so they were interesting to watch. She had to be careful with certain moves so that she didn't flip his kilt up, lol!

Glad y'all saw the humor and sheer ridiculousness of the accusations! husband and I have been joking about it - asking each other if we want to go out to the car for a drink, etc... I even put his coffee thermos in a paper bag earlier - he cracked up and it took ten mins for him to stop laughing every time he glanced at the bag!

I just am incredibly thankful that Wiz is skilled enough in shoveling the bs that he can easily see when others are shoveling it onto him!

TerryJ2

She is obviously clutching at straws and her thinking is way out of wack. Good for Wiz!
So sorry you still have to go through this kind of stuff.

When my mother said this to Wiz, his reaction was "BS" straight to her face - and he does NOT cuss at gma/gpa. Gma went running to gpa, made a HUGE deal about Wiz saying that to her. Gpa came out, asked why Wiz said that and Wiz started to tell Gpa what Gma told him. My mother (Gma) shut Wiz up SUPERFAST with her "oh, this needs to be something that Wiz and I work out ourselves, I was just upset over other things and this just got to me, blah blah blah.

Gma never says another word to Wiz about it. Gpa, however, asks Wiz what was going on - and Wiz tells him. Apparently Gpa is NOT HAPPY with gma, which explains why she was suddenly so eager to take the kids to do something this last weekend. Gma needed a buffer.

donna723

Your mother is using exactly the same tactic that my ex had perfected so well. She made a huge big deal out of Wiz saying "BS" to her to deflect the blame or hide what SHE did ... which was telling your son a big fat lie in an attempt to diminish you in his eyes. Good for him for not falling for it and for standing up to her! It works like this: If you've done something really bad, something really dispicable, you find some minor little thing the other one did, in this case a mild but appropriate expletive, and make a HUGE big deal out of it! You huff and you puff and you throw up such a big smoke screen of righteous indignation about how YOU have been wronged, in the hope that it will diminish or even hide what YOU did which was actually a hundred times worse! been there done that.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Darn it!!! And here I could've used a drink, too.

I swear... I'm glad Wiz is (clearly) smarter than your average bear... And that gpa had the chance (and forethought) to ask again.

Hey, maybe she knows exactly what you were drinking?

(I swear, I'd put a pop bottle in a paper bag next time you know she will be by... And "accidentally" leave it where she can look or DROP it...)

susiestar

Roll With It
Step, you think like I do, lol. Although I was thinking of getting a 6pk of coke bottles and having husband and the kids join me in standing around the old car drinking out of paper bags. Talk about a way to rattle her cage, lol. But I mostly just don't want to deal with her.