High Musical 2

SRL

Tonight's the night! My daughter has talked of little else the past few days. She'll be going over to a girl party to watch wearing her hot pink "Troy" tshirt. My 14 year old son and I will be joining mostly the guys from our camping group and a few of us leftover moms. He was glad there were other guys willing to admit they wanted to watch.

Anyone else? It's fun to see the kids so excited and to get together at each other's houses for something like this.

mum2JK&TH

easy child is going to a sleepover at a friends house specifically to watch the movie, she is so excited! This is probably a good thing as husband and difficult child have been endlessly making fun of it, lol!

Is it true they are making High School Musical barbies??

SRL

Yup, I saw the Barbies when we were out school shopping last night. I was looking for a HSM pencil case to surprise my daughter but came up empty on that one. I didn't think to try Claire's--I bet they'd have something like that.

On_Call

Our easy child is only 8 (going on 21, though) and LOVED the first HSM and is sooo excited for tonight. She isn't into the whole hearthrob "I Love Troy" thing yet, thank goodness! I will probably end up watching it with her - difficult child would like to watch it, I can tell - but he won't admit it. lol

I think I saw all the HSM back-to-school stuff at WMart, but I know we saw it at Claire's, too.

I actually watched it!

Did not see the first one. never even heard of it until long after it debuted. But they advertised the second one all over Nickelodeon and Tink really wanted to see it because the older kids in the neighborhood talked so much about the first one.

So, Friday night we made popcorn, sprinkled the cheese powder on it, and put M&Ms in it (the only way to eat it, my friends) and poor Tink fell asleep 1 hour into the movie. And I watched the rest.

Very cute movie, that Corbin Bleu is a little doll.

Tink watched the whole thing at the neighbor's last night.

AllStressedOut

We DVRed both the first and second one and watched them together today. I didn't go to sleep at all last night, so I feel asleep shortly after starting the 2nd one. I'm going to put them on a DVD though so I can watch it again.

The first one seemed like a modern day "Grease", anyone else think so? It was very cute!

mum2JK&TH

easy child loved it and has seen it twice this weekend. I caught part of it with her the second time and difficult child watched about 1/2 hr of it because our internet connection was down. I think it's definately a modern day Grease. I told easy child one night she and I will rent Grease and she can see the real way it was done, lol!

Funny you should say that, LAST weekend Grease was on Nick at Nite, and I watched it with Tink. They kept advertising it as the "original high school musical". I really wish I had seen the first one. Gotta keep my eye out for it.

On a side note: Tink thought Danny Zuko was pretty cute. She does not, will not, can not believe that he is the same human being as the fat old woman in Hairspray. Too much for her little brain to wrap around.

AllStressedOut

The original is playing on Disney quite a bit lately. I guess for those of us who missed it the first time, they wanted to catch us up on the hype for the second one.

Lothlorien

Funny, my kids are watching it as I type this very minute. Neither have seen the first, nor have I.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a side note: Tink thought Danny Zuko was pretty cute. She does not, will not, can not believe that he is the same human being as the fat old woman in Hairspray. Too much for her little brain to wrap around. </div></div>

LMAO....ROFL
:rofl:

SRL

My 14 year old son wanted to see it but in that embarrased-I'm-not-watching-it-in a room full of girls kind of way. It worked out great as my two boys and I wound up at a house where the leftover family members were: 5 guys, 2 dads, and 2 of us moms. I'm sure it was different watching it in a room full of guys--we all burst out laughing when Troy was dressed in black marching up the hill for his big solo number. Shades of Dark Luke...