Highest Calorie Foods!

susiestar

Roll With It
I ran across this list of 12 of the highest calorie foods and was somewhat shocked by a few of them. Some look cool, though. It amazes me how big portions can get, and some of the things that people dream up. http://www.oddee.com/item_98243.aspx

My favorites from the list (based on the picture and description because I haven't tried them) are:

Fried Oreos (I have tried oreos dipped in brownie batter and baked in muffin tins - WOW are those great!)

Chocolate Pizza

Chocolate Burger would have made the list but the 'patty' of chocolate ganache seems like it should have something to kick it up a notch. Maybe a bit of cinnamon or chili pepper in the chocolate? Or choc ganache mixed with rice crispies to give more of a burger texture? Anyway, the Chocolate Burger gets an honorable mention on my favorites list!

Mostof the others I would have a tough time eating, largely because of their size. But I would try most of them. I think the hamburger turtles look SO CUTE and I coud see workng out a way to make turtle sliders for a kid party. (Can you tell that I just LOVE to play with food?)

I don't think I would enjoy a donut burger much, esp as usually I don't like my sweet and salty to be on the same food. I am darn near positive that the 'greasiest burger in the world would NOT be enjoyed by me.

So what are your faves? Ones you would try? Ones that sound awful to you? Ones that you HAVE tried and liked or disliked?

witzend

Without a doubt, it's the bacon milkshake. If you haven't tried bacon ice cream, don't knock it until you've tried it!

Calamity Jane

Paula Deen got skewered (pardon the pun) for one of her favorites: a bridal shower menu featuring a cheeseburger served on a "bun" made of two glazed donuts!
Seriously, though, the idea of an oreo dipped in brownie batter then baked in a muffin tin sounds delectable. I'm going to try to find the recipe on the internet to see the cooking temperature; when we have people over for football games, that should be a great buffet dessert.

muttmeister

There must be something wrong with me because, even though I like to eat and have been slightly overweight most of my life, NONE of those things looked like something I would eat - not because I'm trying to be good but because they just looked gross. I like bacon, I like chocolate, etc. but not the way they're showing them there.

susiestar

Roll With It
Calamity, Jess used the Ghirardeli brownie mix (the one with-o the fudge topping)and baked them at the temp on the box but checked them 10-15 min early. They were fabulous.

B

bigbear11

Fried Oreos are to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had them at the state fair once. I don't need to know the recipe for doing anything similar at home... that would be a very bad bad thing! Will go to the actual website later. For some reason, my work computer blocked this as being under the category of "adult". Go figure...

But Witzend.... BACON icecream??? May be good but I just can't get my head around that one. Don't need to though... I get in enough trouble with good old chocolate!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Chocolate covered bacon is pretty good :) I always wait till the fair comes thru to have a sample of totally strange stuff. A friend of ours can't wait till it comes to have a chicken breast between two jelly filled donuts.

SO makes his special of a grilled cheese sandwich with munster cheese and hershy chocolates with a sprinkle of powered sugar - I cannot even imagine how many calories are in that puppy - it is really good, funny enough, but one tiny piece is all I can do - he can eat the whole thing. His next favorite thing is a sandwich with butter, bananas and sugar. He said his mother always made these treats when they were small. Its a wonder the man doesn't have diabetes

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am the first to admit that I am an avid bacon lover. I can eat, in one sitting mind you, 2 packages of bacon.......I could eat more but I draw the line at 2. But the descriptions and photos made me queasy. ick ick ick

I think I'll be fine concerning these foods. lol

That said, Nichole's husband did a hotdog wrapped in hamburger wrapped in bacon.............again ick ick ick.

There IS such a thing as too much of a good thing.

susiestar

Roll With It
If you bake the bacon in the oven it is not nearly as time consuming though it does take 30-45 min to get it really crunchy. If you sprinkle brown sugar on the bacon for the last 10-15 min it is just incredible. You just make sure the bacon is liberally covered with the brown sugar.

Also, there is a LOT less grease if you put bacon on a cooling rack on a cookie sheet with sides. The fat drips down and is easier to get rid off or to save for other things.