HIPAA Revenge

slsh

member since 1999
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I cannot help but be absolutely de*lighted* that I finally get my revenge, even if I will never know the specifics of it. All those years of quoting HIPAA and IL statutes to the stupid insurance company, fighting to get the bills paid as was my right and obligation, and their completely obtuse interpretation of HIPAA. At least now there is no doubt - it's difficult child's problem, 100%.

The mental health insurance company called, wanting to talk to difficult child, I'm sure about his recent hospitalization. "Sorry, he doesn't live here. Oh, you want to talk to him? Sure, here's the group home phone number, but..... well, he's never there. OK, so... well.... uh .... good luck."

I would pay big $$$ to be a fly on the wall during that conversation, if (big if) it ever takes place. Poor woman has her work cut out for her.

It was kinda nice not to have to get involved, finally.

susiestar

Roll With It
Don't you think he will call you to ask why they are calling HIM and not you? Cause he probably still thinks this is your responsibility and not his.

I bet he gives them your phone number.

Steely

Love it!
Finally, you can wash you hands and let someone else be responsible for catching all the cr@p!!!;)