His stupidity still amazes me after all of these years

muttmeister

difficult child#2 got a ticket for reckless driving. No surprise there. So he lost 6 points and had his license suspended for 45 days. Fine: he deserved it. Although I doubt that he learned anything. So in this state, if you are under 21 and lose 6 points you have to take an approved, 8 hour driving course. Probably a good idea. So we got him signed up; he was to take the class yesterday (Sat.). Sixty dollars. :tongue: It started at 8 AM and is offered in Lincoln which is over 2 hours from here. I was going to take him but then his wife decided she wanted to go as she has relatives there so that was the plan. Which meant they would have had to leave here by 5. Knowing them the way that I do, I doubted that they would make it so my mother gave them money so they could go the night before and be there in plenty of time. I suspect some of you know where I am going with this. Yep, he called me at 8:30 and said he was late (supposedly they couldn't find the place) and so they wouldn't let him in. :hammer: He'll have to reschedule. I don't know if it will cost him another $60 or not but it wouldn't surprise me.
I know after all these years I should be used to this kind of foolishness but I just can't fathom how somebody can live to be almost 20 years old and still be so !@#$%^& stupid!!!!! :hammer: :smile: :hammer:

DammitJanet

Nan...sometimes these kids just never cease to amaze me. Of course, sometimes I think my idiocy never fails to amaze my therapist so it may be a difficult child thing. LOL.

Sue C

[ QUOTE ]
I know after all these years I should be used to this kind of foolishness but I just can't fathom how somebody can live to be almost 20 years old and still be so !@#$%^& stupid!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya!!! Sometimes the foolishness does seem to go on... :hammer:

Sue

KFld

My son had to take a drivers retraining course, and I know we had to pay ahead of time and if I remember right, it said that if you didn't show up you had to reschedule and guess what, pay again!!! Since my son wasn't working at the time, I paid for it and I drove him there and picked him up to be sure he wasn't wasting my money!!! The only reason I paid for it was because he was scheduled to go back into rehab and wouldn't have been out before the time they said he needed to do it and it would have involved so much more, otherwise I wouldn't have worried about it. If there is anyway you can make him pay for the next one, I wouldn't put out another dime towards it.