Hmmm ... natural consequences and a smashed finger

TerryJ2

I gave in and allowed difficult child to spend the night at a friend's house last night. (He's on spring break.)

Yeah, yeah, I knew he'd stay up all night.

He was obnoxious on the ph when I said I was on my way to pick him up. I told him he was grounded and hung up. Just the beginning ... we went to his psychiatrist and got his scrips rewritten, the psychiatrist gave him a lecture on how he has to sacrifice for the next 8 wks to get his grades up, he slouched in the chair and then argued about how he didn't want to go to camp.
When we got home, he asked where his PS2 was, and the TV cord.
"You're grounded, remember?"

Whoah, major rage. Didn't break anything (... or did he?)
He said he was leaving the house.
husband and I just let him walk. It was 90 degrees and sunny, and he was wearing socks. Yep, socks.

45 sec's later, he comes back in sobbing, and shoves his finger under cold water.
He cried for 30 min and couldn't tell us how he did it.
He lost the fingernail. Lots of blood. :faint: Finally let us put ice on it.
Still can't tell us how he did it, 5 hrs later.

Sad part is, I don't think he learned anything from it.

Therapy tomorrow. Too many topics to discuss. How to choose? :(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Geez -- what a weekend. I hope he settles down tomorrow and the rest of the week goes more smoothly. It's so hard to balance wanting to let them experience "normal" stuff (like sleep-overs) but not letting them stray too far from their structured/supportive routine because of the consequences that end up affecting EVERYONE (lack of sleep leading to meltdowns, etc.) Nothing's ever easy with difficult children, is it?

TerryJ2

Thank you.

Yeah, it's hard.

husband found difficult child's Adderall in his pants pocket yesterday. That explains a lot. I have no idea why we thought he'd really take it on his own.

I'm in MN, visiting my Dad, who has Alzheimer's. It's a nice break from difficult child and my crazy cousin. My dad can't complete sentences, doesn't remember our names any more, but does remember his family in general, and is very happy. Go figure.

crazymama30

I would think that being with your dad would be a break! hope difficult child calms down some, I hate those days where they just fly off the handle and never seem to calm down.

M

ML

I'm sorry Terry. You just never seem to get a break! I sure hope his finger is ok. Hugs, ML

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Terry, where the heck are you in MN? Anywhere in the Twin Cities area?

I'm glad you're getting a break in the action & can see your Dad. It's good for the soul to get out from under the chaos.

TerryJ2

Timer Lady, aaargh! I had a rental car! I should have looked you up!
Well, the good news is that I got a commission to paint a logo on a wall at a biz in Mpls so I have to go back. And I am selling my painted tiles to a garden shop in Lilydale (next to St. Paul). And I am probably mtng up with-some HS friends in July. Remind me!!!!!

Dad had the flu ... lots of washing icky clothes and sheets ... but he never stays sick for long. I took him out to dinner and he was quite entertained and content, just people watching through the windows. Such a difference from difficult child, who needs such major stimulation and is always complaining about being bored. Not to mention, blaming me for everything on the planet. Sigh.