Hold Good Thoughts for Alex

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
K is taking both boys to the pediatrician doctor in the morning. She's going to ask for a neuropsychologist evaluation for Alex. I don't know who determined he's MRDD, but I know the school diagnosed the ADHD after watching him for 20 mins in a room. ugh. This child has displayed symptoms of autistic spectrum since infancy. I can't be positive about the MRDD but I believe he's been misdiagnosed. And regardless there are many issues that are not being addressed that need to be.

For Evan, who is have some big time sensory issues and is also showing autistic type behaviors she's going to ask if he can be seen by Early Intervention and evaled thru them.

K is armed with family medication history, she's been working all week making up a parent report using info I sent her ect to lay out info for the pediatrician doctor. She's scared she'll get poo pooed again. We're hoping the medication history and writing up the info for the doctor with help him see that an evaluation is a good idea.

This has been a lousy week for her too. She's got a horrible cold, Evan's sick, she's been battling horrible migraines while trying to get her welfare caseworker to meet with her for medicaid so she can get back on her medications (while the woman seems to be avoiding her) and trying to get HUD apartment. Most of this is done on foot, walking to where she needs to go. :faint:

So if you would hold a good thought, we'd both appreciate it.

Thanks

F

flutterbee

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers.

Keep us posted.

(((hugs)))

KTMom91

Adding my good thoughts and prayers. Hope K is able to get the administrative powers that be to cooperate.

everywoman

I'll be thinking of her today. My prayer is that the pediatrician can provide answers, the CW gets off her duff and does her job, and K can work through the pain and find some relief.

trinityroyal

Sending more good thoughts and prayers for K and her family. Hope that she gets a clear diagnosis for Alex, proper interventions for Alex and Evan, and that the CW helps her to sort out housing and health bennies.