Hold Good Thoughts Plz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm going to a job fair today.

I've never done this before so haven't the slightest clue what to expect. All my info is ready...........just need to print out the resume (almost forgot that, good thing I went to do this post).

Anxiety is over the top. I dunno if I've mentioned it but the agoraphobia has been in full tilt for quite some months. I'm determined to fight through the anxiety and do this thing. There will be good places with good wages at this fair..........places that normally would kill me in gas to go apply to.

I'm prepared. The weather decided to cooperate. I'm fighting down the panic. Hoping I can keep a grip so I can think while there............... Need to somehow shift gears and put on my "professional" personna. Anxiety is making that difficult. I've already got the beginning of a migraine. (probably both weather anxiety related) Took medications for that.

Being desperate is not helping. I know, I know, breathe..........just breathe.

So please hold good thoughts, prayers whatever........I need it. ugh Probably 1/3 of the area are also looking for work, maybe more.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yeah, I so didn't "have it" lol

I have to laugh or I'm gonna cry. And I refuse to cry.

I have no clue but somehow I got the date wrong and it was yesterday. Still, so as not to waste the gas..............I went into the employment place to check and see if there were postings that aren't online (or if online I haven't seen them). Found some. So worked on them instead.

But I will say that I want a job at our local Job and Family services employment thingie. Evidently all you have to do is sit on your rear and occasionally instruct someone how to log on to a computer or show them how to run the copy machine. Their employees are about as helpful as my left foot.

Tomorrow hitting every place in town I can think of that does NOT require a computer to apply...............most especially the fast food. I don't like it, but I also am left with no choice. They don't seem as picky as everyone else and maybe if I work at one for a year and then apply elsewhere I'll have better luck.........

InsaneCdn

I don't know your "employment environment" there... here? Six months at fast food is considered "stable employment"... it's about how long they expect anyone with life-experience to be able to stand it (lol). After 6 months, other firms will hire from fast food if you have "other" experience... i.e. raised a family, or worked retail some years back, or were a farm wife, or whatever. Maturity + some sort of recent work experience + a decent reference = good chances at jobs. You just keep working while you keep applying.

L

Liahona

You went out in spite of anxiety and worked on getting a job. In my book you are a winner even if you got the date wrong.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks guys.

I still feel stupid about getting the date wrong. I tried so hard to remember.......even told Nichole so she would remind me. I had the "date" right, but my week has been messed up due to not having the boys since easy child is on vacation......and I thought yesterday was wednesday.

susiestar

Roll With It
Have you applied at Aldi's? We are getting an Aldi's and Wiz went to apply. He has worked at the locally owned groc store for five years even though the owner is a psycho. Here they are paying $11 hour starting for employees, shift mgr is around $14 per hour for hours as mgr, and overall mgr is around $20-$21 per hour.

You might look into jobs with the prison also. If htere is a jail or prison you could drive to, often they have a lot of openings and pay is very good. Not a job as a CO, but they have LOTS of other things and your experience with difficult children should count for a TON, in my opinion. Here the starting pay for a CO in training is around $35/hr and office staff etc is about $24 with benefits added. Those are jobs without direct contact with inmates.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The prison is fairly far away........at least for the car I'm driving right now.

Aldi's is a great idea! At that pay it would be worth it to drive the 20 miles. (not if gas keeps going up, though) Am applying at sav a lot which is in town too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My brother sent this to me for perspective so since you seem to be holding on to threads and no one will hand you a good scissor........I will give you my version of a verbal Fiskar.........

AS I LOOK BACK ON MY LIFE......

EVERYTIME I THOUGHT I WAS BEING REJECTED FROM SOMETHING GOOD......?????

I WAS BEING REDIRECTED.......

TO SOMETHING BETTER........

KEEP YOUR CHIN (OR IN MY LATEST SIDE PROFILE PICTURE AWARENESS - CHINS) UP ......GOD GETTING OLD BLOWS UP RED BALLOONS WITHOUT EVEN STRETCHING THEM----Know what I mean??
HUGS AND LOVE
STAR