Holiday card exchange?

I participated in this for several years. I did not last year and am not sure there was one last year. In the past one person volunteers and you send them your address and they compile all the names and addresses .

TerryJ2

I'm in!
(Does that mean that I just volunteered to coordinate? :eek:)

Sadandfrustrated, yes, the coordinator compiles a private list, either through pm's on this board, or emails. We exchange cards. It's fun. Some people send photos, and some people prefer to remain anonymous. Some even make handmade cards.
It's totally up to each person's discretion.

After the exchange, the idea is to rip up the list so that confidentiality is maintained.

TerryJ2

P.S. For all you grammar Nazis, I know that the plural of private messaging does not use an apostrophe, but I had to use one so it didn't look like PMS. I've got enough problems without getting PMS from board members, lol!
;)

TerryJ2

Well, partly due to lack of response, and partly due to lack of energy on my part, I will not be organizing this and will not be participating. I'm sorry.

nlj

Hi Terry

I think it's more an issue of retaining anonymity rather than a general lack of response.

Maybe we could have a general 'Holiday Greetings' thread on here closer to the time and anyone who wants to send greetings to everyone else can do so there.

LucyJ
x

BusynMember

At one time there was a big response. This may be best for now. When I first started I don't think people were as worried about their names and addresses, maybe because there was no social media.

InsaneCdn

I think it's more an issue of retaining anonymity rather than a general lack of response.
Two-sided anonymity.

If a Christmas card were to come to my house, the rest of the family would know that I got it, and would want to know who it is from and why I know that person... and my family doesn't know I'm on this board. I don't want them to know. It's a bigger issue than certain people on this board finding out who I am in real life, if you know what I mean.

Lil

Not a matter of anonymity for me...just laziness. I don't even get cards sent to my elderly relatives - who always send them to me. :(

I'm just a really bad holiday person.

But it was a nice idea.