Holiday's Schmoliday's

F

flutterbee

I normally *love* the holiday season. Could skip Thanksgiving, but Thanksgiving is the start of Christmas season and I'm usually in heaven. Today, I'm looking at my Christmas tree and mumbling under my breath.

difficult child has been so much fun (NOT) and I'm at the end of my rope with her. easy child is being rather selfish and I'm sick to death of beating my head against the wall. My mom is making me *crazy*. The pets are under foot all. the. time. I about break my neck 10 times a day. And that's all I can say about any of that without turning this post into a novella.

Bleck. Even I don't want to be around me. I'm not feeling the holiday spirit at all.

And I've managed to let my mom make me feel guilty about going to my grandmother's for a couple days so now I'm not even looking forward to that. And truth be told, if I let her she'll (my grandmother) svck the life outta me, too. She's a difficult child in her own right.

Seriously. Belize is looking better and better all the time.

tiredmommy

Head this way, Heather. I can set up the air mattress in the family room, we have a powder room down there so you can be all by yourself for quite awhile. Plus I have a fridge and microwave down there. But you will have my kitties to deal with. Dinner is at 4pm tomorrow, be careful driving near Lake Erie due to the lake effect snow storm going on.

Jena

Ok, Belize is beautiful but where would you put the dogs?? LOL

Oh, believe me i Know it stinks when so much is going on and you feel like cr*p and the kids are disgustingly annoying, and you don't even want to be around yourself!!

I've soo been there!!!!!

Just vent away and keep letting it out. Hopefully tonight you can get some rest so you can feel better prepared for tomorrow and have a good day.

(((hugs)))

F

flutterbee

Don't tempt me, TM. You might end up with a surprise knock at your door. I was actually thinking when I typed this that snow would be good. It always seems to get me in the spirit.

Jen - no kids and no pets are going to Belize with me. I intend to park myself on the beach and find myself a piece of eye candy to take care of me.

It doesn't help that I don't have much money and there is really no holiday shopping to do. The kids are older. There's no more shopping trips where you fill the cart with this doll and that game and stay up til 3AM Christmas Eve wrapping presents and watching the kids' eyes light up when they come downstairs and see the previously bare tree full of presents. Devon wants money and Wynter wants her lip pierced. Just doesn't have that same feel, now does it?

Jena

ok that made me laugh!!! eye candy!! Hot men, belize, no kids, no dog!!!! Go go go!!!!

I know what you mean it takes on a totally different meaning lip piercing and money!! Just take deep breaths the best you can. I know it can be a b*tch for lack of better supportive words!

My kids are getting minimal this year with-o me working. yet i'm going to try to take this or rather look at it as an opportunity to maybe truly teach them it's about being with famiily?? and the other meaning behind it ofcorse that we never seem to discuss enough. they'll be like ok ma where are the gifts?? LOl

Let me know when you book Belize please!!!!!!! I'll crawl into suitcase for trip

Jena

i was just thinking, Maybe you can find some different traditions to do with them now that their older. The being up till 3 a.m. wrapping is fun and i could see you totally missing that. its' odd when they grow older in a sense. I hope alll dog's are quiet tonite and you get rest.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Just plaster that phoney holiday smile on! I have mine stapled on!!!
:bigsmile: Oh look how happy we are!
:thanksgiving1: Oh so happy...

I am sorry things stink so much! I hear you.

meowbunny

And this to shall pass. If it doesn't, come on down to Florida. We're all whining we're freezing because it's been high 60's, low 70s and 37-50 at night. However, there are heated pools, lots of DOMs (some were definitely eye candy in their day), free dancing every night and lots to do in between or just relax and do nothing. Sides, we speak English here.

Sorry your mother is not letting up about you taking a break. Time to do what I did when my mother got that way: hang up! Cat barfing or dog wanting out were my favorite excuses. I also had a tendency to put the phone down and pick it up every so often and say, "Excuse me, I missed what you just said." That would give me an idea of how to respond, say my uh-huhs, sorries or don't think sos, and then get back to doing whatever so long as it wasn't listening to her tell me what a rotten daughter I was. Some conversations are just not worth the effort.

As to the rest of your life, hon, you have a right to be irritable, resentful and grumpy. You're in pain, you have no clue what to do about any of it and you have teens. Even if neither had a problem, they'd still be teens and, thus, naturally, obnoxious, self-centered brats.

(((((HEATHER)))))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I felt that way last year. Did not want to shop. Did not want to put up the tree. Did not want to do any of it. Bah, humbug!

This year is a little better, but not much. Instead of being overwhelmed by the people in my life like last year, this year I'm overwhelmed by all the recent events (fire, rain, threat of mudslides and flooding, leaky roof, husband potentially losing his job, cleanup from the fire, broken water heater, the spector of mother in law descending on us in a week or so...)

Tonight husband was helping difficult child 1 clean his room for tomorrow. He found a puddle of dried icecream under his bed. (Thank goodness it's not carpeted!) This crud had dripped down the wall and was in a 12 inch diameter dried blob about 1/8 inch thick. He had to use a spatula and a bowl of hot water and a rag to get it all cleaned up. husband stood there and supervised while difficult child 1 did the work. G-R-O-S-S!!! I've decided teenage boys are just plain yucky. At least mine is. He smells bad. He rarely brushes his teeth. He eats in his room and leaves disgusting messes. And he just can't be bothered to do otherwise.

I guess I'm just tired of cleaning up messes and solving problems.

That's why New Year's is my favorite day. I get to sleep in and wear my pajamas all day and there is NOTHING I have to do if I don't want to. :D

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I really truly tried to get husband to do the Ohio trip. He actually asked how long it would take to get there. When I told him an approximate he just said then we have to drive that back. I was so close. Had him on the verge. This holiday is svcking the life out of me too for the most part. I keep trying to do things to get it back but thus far not a lot of success.

hugs
beth

F

flutterbee

Beth, you're so sweet. It would have been a nice holiday. Maybe next year. (That way you'll have a whole year to work on husband. ;))

A new holiday tradition sounds like a good idea. But something easy, like going to a movie. That would be nice. And finding something to do during the next month to lift my spirits. Maybe working with our local charity organization putting Christmas packages together.

Normally, I just tell my mom I have to go and get off the phone when she starts. But, I'm so sick of the same stuff over and over and over. It doesn't help that she's done the same thing for years and it turns out I was *really* sick each time (MDD and then heart disease). So, I get tired of having to explain that and her just refusing to get it. I did kinda lose it with her today and said, "JC, Mom! Just stop!" I mean, she sees how debilitating this illness has made me. She's told me that I'm not even recognizable from a few years ago. She tells everyone else. But, then she's like...you need to make yourself stay awake (as I'm talking to her on the phone with my eyes closed because I *cannot* keep them open). You need to get your nights and days turned around. :hammer: I'm on week 5 or 6 of a fever and over 2 months into this flare. My body is just plain tired.

Gcvmom - Geesh. You have soooo much going on. I don't know how you do it. Any one of those things by themselves would make a person crazy...put it all together and....well, I'm REALLY impressed you're not in a padded cell. The hot water tank would push me *completely* over the edge. With everything else going on, I would at least want a hot bath. You're a better woman than I, my dear. And on top of that a gob of people at your house for Thanksgiving??? :faint: I kinda feel bad for whining now. :embarrassed: Oh...and my difficult child spilled a bottle of syrup...on her CARPET. Yeah. No way to clean that up. Her room would get so nasty, she'd have bugs in her room. It was really gross. Seriously gross. She's waaaaaay better now, but dishes do accumulate in there from time to time.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you are having to face all this. Lip Piercing!! AGGG!

I don't even have a tree to put up. husband for some unknown reason put my self-lit christmas tree that was BEAUTIFUL and given to me FREE, though it was marked $90, outside in the rain. I couldn't move it, and so it is full of MOLD sitting in my backyard ina box that is falling apart.

So I have no tree. I am NOT doing holidays this year. husband is being a total butt about many things and just won't talk to me. So he may end up doing all of htem all by himself. I am not doing Thanksgiving, am home all alone for it. I don't really even want to talk to the man. I will shop online, wrap things and make some items. husband can do what he wants.

This may be our last year, I just don't know.

Lothlorien

Okay, if WG doesn't come to your house, TM, I will!

WG, go to Belize. Let the kids take care of the animals. The sea air would do you very well. I'm not far from the ocean and I can go there in the dead of winter and breath in the sea air and it just makes me feel good all over! I would love to avoid the holidays and go to Belize, too (like Christmas with the Cranks).

F

flutterbee

Susie - I'm so sorry about your pre-lit tree. :mad: Men! Mumble, mumble, mumble.

TM - a whirlpool tub?!! I might never leave, you know.

Loth - I really would love to go to Belize. It was always my fantasy run away to place. Then my former boss used to go there a couple of times a year and it kind of killed my fantasy. Doesn't mean I wouldn't go if I didn't have the chance, though.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm starting to feel better. I was really dreading making dinner while feeling like crappola. Plus, handling raw poultry is gross enough - throw in a medication that kills your appetite and causes very mild nausea...no way I could eat it.

I've been *struggling* to stay awake since 6:30 so I could take my next dose of medications at 10:30 and then go to bed. Took it and now I'm wide awake. :hammer: But, it's working miracles, so I'll take it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you survived Thanksgiving. :)

I was gonna offer for you to come here......but that is the post my computer locked up on. Seems that I scared the life outta Travis. It appears fixed again. hmmmm. lol (not that I'm complaining)

We aren't even having dinner until sat. easy child had a miserable time at her in laws. She has a sister in law from hades that drives her insane. And after having grown up with 2 difficult child sibs that says alot about the sister in law. lol So she's really looking forward to our dinner.

Tomorrow I'll be cleaning in the morning and studying the rest of the day. Oh, joy. Looking forward to saturday. Although the total day off won't happen. Looks like I'll be studying while I'm cooking. sigh At least Travis will be working tomorrow and Nichole will be at bfs and outta my hair.

(hugs)