Hollie Steel - Britains Got Talent

flutterby

Fly away!
Susan Boyle has some competition.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-BY4YNs0o"]YouTube - Hollie Steel - 10 Yr Old Singer/Ballerina - Britains Got Talent 2009 Ep 3[/ame]

trinityroyal

Good heavens! Did you hear the giant voice coming out of that tiny little girl. How wonderful!

And yes, Witz, I have seen Susan Boyle's makeover, and she does look great. They've managed to doll her up a bit without altering the fundamentals.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
I like the little girl but I think she almost BLEW her chance. Her ballet was poor. SO I (oh can I say it) for once agree with Simon. As far as the song? I think something a little more her age would have been better. (again agree with Simon) but.....over all her voice is very lovely for someone her age. The thing with younger children is that their voices are going to change-----and then what?

I'm still a Susan Boyle fan.....but the little girl was very good.

trinityroyal

Star, I agree with you (and Simon...GASP!) on all counts.

Honestly, though, I was sort of pleased that her ballet was poor and she was wearing that funny little tutu. It suggests that she really loves to sing and dance, and her parents are not pushing her into it but just supporting her dreams.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
This girl is adorable, but............I love Susan's new look and I'd still vote for her if I could.

Suz

flutterby

Fly away!
I don't know; I'm really torn. I think if I had to choose, I would pick Susan because Hollie is young and will have many more chances. Just being on the show will get her noticed.

I was really moved by them both.

I thought it was very sweet that this little girl wants to dance and that's what she started with. But, wow, she almost got cut off by Simon.

And I have to wonder...maybe it was planned that way so it would be even more of a surprise when she let out that amazing voice.

I really like it that the Britain show seems to get the regular people, whereas the American show usually have people that are working in the business in some fashion. Remember that guy from a year or two ago in Britain who was a cell phone salesman who sang opera?

Abbey

Spork Queen
What a voice! In the same sense she has the same appeal that Susan Boyle does...simple. You wouldn't expect a 10 year old girl to come out in some sexy ballet outfit. I'd still vote Boyle, though.

Abbey