Holy balogna...

Abbey

Spork Queen
(No pun intended.)

I've been called in to work in the MEAT DEPARTMENT today.:faint:

I DON'T EAT MEAT!

Worse than that is the smell of the fish area.:faint::faint:

My customers are going to wonder why I have a barf bag tied to my apron....and it's filled.

Abbey

Andy

Set up a popcorn maker to try to mask the smell of meat!

I also hate meat departments. I have been in fish stores before and just don't understand how anyone can buy anything when it smells like that.

I was in a candy store on Sunday that had an icky smell to it which of course made me NOT buy candy.

house of cards

In the future you can try putting a small amount of vick's vapor rub just slightly inside your nostrils...it will block your ability to smell anything else.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I USED to have lavender massage/bath oil (before difficult child 2 dumped it in the tub!) that would have been good to dab inside your nostrils for the day... :D

Abbey

Spork Queen
Survived the day. I can cut meat (with my eyes closed), but for some reason chicken and fish just make me want to vomit. My manager was cracking up. Every time he'd walk by he'd laugh. After a big whack on the back he said he wouldn't make me do it again.

Then, a few hours later I put in my notice that I'm quitting. He was like...OH, I'm so sorry!!! I didn't mean to push you to this!!

Part of my evil side wanted me to make him feel responsible, but I told him it had nothing to do with the meat job today.

I chuckled.

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Just so you know after reading your post, I was carving bologna like crazy i just gave in and had a 1/2 a bologna sandwich!

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know...that is NOT a bad idea. I could line the top of the cooler with Nemo movies. Make some official looking poster...SAVE THE FISH!!! I could even drum up a Nemo costume. Once management saw that...they'd never make me work back there again. ;)

Abbey