Home after gallbladder surgery

cubsgirl

It didn't go as planned and I had to stay two nights in the hospital. They found a ton of stones in my gallbladder and a bunch more in the bile ducts so they had to remove those stones carefully. The OR room was booked for one hour but my surgery took three hours (my poor husband was freaking out in the waiting room). I had a drain in and they wanted to make sure my liver enzymes started to return to normal in case they had to do another procedure to make sure they got all the stones....so I had to stay.

I had a total difficult child for a roommate - but luckily I'm used to difficult child-ness. She was 25, in for back pain and would scream, cry, carryon and pretend to faint every time they took her to the bathroom. She would scream "please call my mommy". And her parents would stay until midnight even though visiting hours ended at 8pm but I didn't mind that too much because she did behave better when they were there. I wasn't surprised when they ordered a psychiatric consult too.

I'm so glad to be home, in my own bed, and with my own difficult child world.

Last edited:

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
See, there is a reason you were blessed with difficult child's. LOL Glad you're home and that you can relax in your own bed with your own "normal".

Tiapet

Old Hand
Glad you're home and difficult child training paid off! also happy that they took the time to carefully get what they need to!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad it went well (other than the difficult child room mate) and you're home where you can relax and heal.

((hugs))

Jody

I am glad you are home and now can rest. I had an extended stay after gallbladder surgery also. Didnt have a difficult child in the room, sounds awful. I cracked up at the call my mommy. My goodness.

LittleDudesMom

Glad you are home and recouping! When I had my surgery in August, I actually wanted to stay in the hospital (did have a private room) because they took such good care of me!!!!!!

Take care,
Sharon

TerryJ2

Whew! What an ordeal! So glad it's over and you can heal now.
So sorry about the difficult child roommate. Mommy and Daddy? Sheesh.