Home again, home again, jiggity-jig

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's good to sleep in my own bed again...H will be arriving this afternoon from Florida. I'll do some laundry and tidy up, visit my mom, buy some groceries and then go pick H up from the airport.

H's mom and brother are coming up the end of the month, just in time for our anniversary (oh, yay) and while brother in law will leave after just two days, mother in law will stay with us for about a week. I must remember to check with H that she has a solid return date! H said his mom is really losing it. She claims that there is a man who waits for her to leave her home and then goes in a moves things around. She told me this the other day when I called, oh boy. She said this man even went so far as to remove an old painting and replace it with his own. She told me she told the association that she felt like she was being stalked and that they agreed, omg. When I asked H about it he said none of that ever happened and that his mom is going round the bend. Oh boy...So she changed all her locks, even the screen doors to the patio. I told H he should speak with the association himself and find out if there was ever a discussion about this guy. I hope he can do that before he leaves.

H met with the mortgage guy down in FL with his mom about our house...the quit claim, etc., yo get it into our names FINALLY. I'm anxious to hear his report tonight and then I'm sure I'll post a nice long vent about it, lol.

My heart is still up in Maine on Long Lake, sigh, till next year.

Lothlorien

Is mother in law losing her mind? While she's at your house, maybe you an husband should have her checked out. Does she go to the doctor on a regular basis? I've heard that even something as simple as a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) can cause hallucinations in some people, if not treated.

Are you going to sell the house in Fl? Then find a summer home in MN? Can I come visit? :flirtysmile3:I love Maine, but only in the summer. Too cold and snowy the rest of the time.

I'm so sorry about you're mother in law, I don't think there's much you can do, just make sure she has that return date! Congrats on finally getting the house in your names, that's been a long time coming! Maine is so gorgeous, I'm glad you had fun! I'll be in Maine tonight, just driving through on my way to St. John and then taking the ferry to Nova Scotia. I can't wait!!! Enjoy your alone time until everyone arrives.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Truth is often stranger than fiction. That needs to be looked into before they return. Not because mother in law may be losing her mind........but senility could possibly be setting in and she is having some pretty severe memory issues that need to be addressed. Or heck, it could be going on for that matter and a police report needs to be made and someone needs to be looking out for her.

My mom does this sort of thing, well she always has, it's part of the paranoia thing.........but when she goes so far as to act on it, it usually tells me it's grounded in truth (whether just in her mind or not) somewhere and I need to probe deeper to see what is going on.

((hugs))

DDD

Adding in my two cents and voting for mother in law getting checked out. I know it sounds sexist (because it is, lol) but most men do not hone in on health issues unless it slaps them in the face. Just because everything "looks ok" doesn't mean it is ok. I don't want anything to mess up the title transfer...and also hope that if she has a problem it is easily solvable.

So glad you had a nice break. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I would love nothing more than to have mother in law checked out by an independent physician. However, she would not agree to that, nor my involvement in any way, and if she did agree to it, she's one of the founding members of how to effectively put on a game face and fool everyone.

I will admit that I feel a part of her so called stalker story is a ruse. I think she would love for H to feel she is unsafe alone in FL so she can weasel her way up to CT and have him at her beck and call. I know that now I sound like the crazy one, but she has proven herself to be very manipulative when she needs to be.

I pick up H tonight around 5PM. Hopefully, he will be able to fill in some gaps for me so I have a better understanding of what's going on, what he found out and if they've discussed any further what her plans are long term. It has been a year since father in law passed away on the 11th (I think) and that was when the three siblings said they would discuss this again. The daughter is leaving for her annual two week camp trip tomorrow but we will see the brother the beginning of August.

It's nice to be back home again, my house is in order, etc. I just wish our pool was working! I may have to go use my neighbor's tomorrow-we are expecting ungodly weather! 100 degrees!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Borrow the pool if you need to. We're going to be over 101 today and that is without heat index, so I imagine it's just coming your way. ugh blah

DDD

That makes sense H&R. I doubt she trusts anyone enough to share her medical conditions. Sigh.

Didn't she make a new friend following father in law's passing? Has there been any changes there? DDD

DammitJanet

Does she have a regular family doctor that she has been going to for years and years? Most folks her age do. They can slip in a mini mental exam while doing a regular exam. They will ask her simple questions like what is a pen or pencil and what you use it for by putting it on a table and saying something like "oh darn, I have lost that thing I use to make notes with. Can you help me find it?" Normally Mom will look around the room trying to spot the pen and ask the doctor, oh do you mean this pen?

Now if Mom cant find it in plain sight and hands them a pair of scissors well there is a problem. The doctor may gently say...well this is a pair of scissors, do you know what they are used for? If a blank look is on the face, no more is said. The doctor may ask the patient if she can name the year and the President of the US. Make small conversation that will give them an insight into their ability to think.

One of the things that really messed up my mini mental health exams coming out of my coma was asking who the president was. For some reason that stuck with me like glue because my family left the election on while I was in the coma and I "heard" it even though I was still in the coma. I heard who won and it wasnt who I would have voted for. So when they asked me who was the President I said President Bush is the sitting President but Obama was just elected. Now I shouldnt have known that!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She is not that far gone, Janet. Her disability is more that she has delusions and she is very paranoid and always thinks people are conspiring against her. She's always been like this, really. It's just a lot worse and now that father in law is not around to rein her in, her thoughts are taking over her every minute. H is very worried for her. Also, she gets taken in by every person who calls or emails or knocks on her door. You know that 8 million spam emails you get? When she is inexperienced on the internet so she opens and prints every single one, creates a file for it and saves it because she's afraid she may need it. And she follows links in those emails also...she probably has some horrid spyware and viruses on her laptop....father in law bought and he was only slightly better on it than she. H tried to fix things while he was there, but within hours he knows she will either forget it all or foul it up.

H and I still have some catching up to do today, as we ended up meeting friends last night for dinner and never had an opportunity to discuss more.

DDD

I'm looking forward to an update.......even tho it isn't any of my business. Somehow I got sucked in before father in law passed away and I'm hoping and praying that "somehow" it turns out aok. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
On July 31st, the probate is over and the house goes into mother in law's name officially. Ironically, (or not) she is arriving at our house August 2nd for a week. We will schedule an appointment with the attorneys office (who, incidentally died of a heart attack three weeks ago due to the heat wave) and find out how mother in law does a quit claim to us. We will likely have to secure a mortgage for roughly $45,000 for a home and property valued at $285,000 so that should not be a problem! H has scheduled the plumber for Wednesday. Once that's done, we hook up the electric and then we can get a mortgage. When I checked last year the mortgage company said electric and plumbing had to be complete in the new space to get approved, so...

What mother in law doesn't know yet is that when she quit claims the house she will be quit claiming it to ME and not her son!!!! Bwaaaahaaaaahaaaa, hilarious!

I'll keep you posted!