Home and thank you

slsh

member since 1999
I am touched beyond words at the well wishes for Boo and me. I appreciate it more than you can know.

We got home about an hour ago. General consensus is that it was gastroenteritis (stomach flu). I don't understand why it backed everything up enough that he was throwing up bile and obstruction was a concern but... at this point I just don't care.

Judi - had to laugh about the NG tube. "Not fun" doesn't begin to describe that special heck, especially in local ER with Nurse Ratchet. Fortunately, I missed that scene because husband was with Boo while I went home to make sure we had all the necessary medication equipment for a hospitalization (feeding tube adapters, etc). Children's was more successful with- getting the tube in, though he of course threw it right back up.

Once again, Children's was supreme at taking care of him. Boo was in heaven with- the multitudes of young female residents and nurses taking care of him. :wink:

And most importantly, my son has once again blown me away with his patience, strength, courage, and grace. I don't know how I ended up with- this amazing child... but he is absolutely incredible. A far more evolved person than his mother.

He's not "well" yet, but he's better. I'm relieved that there wasn't an obstruction. Got some input re: nutrition, water, and general GI maintenance... just need to tweak some things overall, nothing that would've helped us avoid this scenario. A new issue or two came to light, but nothing urgent.

I am going to bed now, possibly for the next week or so. Sleeping in increments of 20 minutes to 3 hours at a time is a lot harder to do at 44 than it was at 30, LOL.

Again, thank you so much for the good thoughts. And Linda, I especially want to thank you for taking my supremely hysterical phone call on your respite weekend. *No* one should have had to endure that!! :wink:

Hugs to you all.

busywend

Glad to hear you are home and Boo is recovering. Hopefully, he will be all better soon.

:ill: That is no fun!

donna723

So glad that you are home and that things are looking better now. He sounds like a truely extraordinary young man. And I can't even imagine what you've been through! I hope you get some well-deserved sleep!

:flower:

judi

So glad you are home now with Boo, Sue. Children's has an excellent reputation even down here in Peoria!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sue

I'm glad Boo is home and on the way to recovery. I'm still relieved you didn't have to deal with a bowel obstruction.
:flower:
Hugs