Home sweet home...not!

KTMom91

Miss KT did pretty well while we were in Cleveland. The house was still standing, the animals were healthy, the kitchen wasn't too big a mess, and she was sound asleep when we finally got home about 2 am. We checked all food and water dishes, and crashed until about 4 pm.

When she got home from school, it was obvious she'd been taken off the Risperdal. She was mad that we were still sleeping (hello, we had a 15 hour trip home!), mad that our suitcases were still in the living room, and when we got up, she was mad because the panthers had eaten all their food and we hadn't filled it up, because we'd been home all day not doing anything. She was mad that Hubby was eating cheese crackers and didn't offer her any (he didn't know she wanted some) but she didn't ask for any, and then it was, "Never mind, just forget it!" Stomp, stomp, stomp - no slam because she doesn't have a bedroom door.

The constant rudeness and hostility was why we trialed Risperdal in the first place. We've only spent about 4 hours around her today, and she's back to the old behaviors. I wonder if she's able to keep it together at school and around the boyfriend?

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I guess I shouldn't complain that when we came home our difficult child 1 told us he had schtupped (please tell me the censor doesn't work on Yiddish...) some young girl in our home, that there was cat litter all over the floor and that exhausted husband had to clean up the mess. We don't ask for a lot. Boy! has gfgdom lowered our expectations!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Mary, she sounds like she is punishing you. How dare you have a weekend of fun with hubby and not with her. Doesn't the world revolve around her?

3 S- I have to say I almost spit out my coffee with laughter. I think that's a first for me on the site. A Yiddish term to stump the censor. It's probably not allowed but it was funny.

Our standards are definitely lowered.

Christy

Glad you made it home safe and the house is still standing. She must have missed you terribly and was saving up these rants and raves just for you! Why was the risperdal discontinued? I'm curious becomes it seems to be a miracle drug for my son at the moment.

Welcome back!

KTMom91

She was having "spaz attacks," tics, not very often, as far as I know. She was on Risperdal for several years before they started happening, and her doctor wanted to see if that was the reason. I don't think so, but it's worth trying, unless I kill her first. She's been a real joy to be around.

TerryJ2

Argh. So sorry. What Fran said about her punishing you makes sense.
So, are you going to put her back on the Risperdal?
LOL, ThreeShadows!