Homecoming He**

everywoman

There are very few things I no longer enjoy about my job. :sad-very: 15 years ago I didn't mind them, but I think I'm just getting too old. One of those things is Homecoming Week. Each day brings with it some sort of "spirit" activity. Each day has a different theme and the kids all dress up. Today is the pep rally=====loud music, raucous dancing, apathetic kids, and an over-the-top principal:sick:----just feel sorry for me.

Okay, whine over. Back to the "fun.":whiteflag:

witzend

:fan::teacher::cheerleader:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I would never have the tolerance to deal with the drama of teens at a high school for 15 years. My hat's off to you! At least it's Friday, and the week is over! (I hope!)

everywoman

Actually Witz---this is my 22 year in high school---not counting the orginal 4 as a student. The first 15 I was okay with all of this hoopla---the last 7 I am just tired and would just like to teach!

janebrain

You sound like my 17 yr old dtr! She hates pep rallies. I think it was Spirit week at her school this week too. She says she doesn't know how anyone could be a middle or high school teacher and have to deal with teens all day. My hat is off to you--hope you have a peaceful weekend!
Jane