Homeless

Helpless29

We have had contact here & there with my son whenever his phone is working. He said he would go to Sober America but now it is full. I did more research on this place & come to find out it’s run down apartments in the middle of a drug infested neighborhood, where as long as you pay they could care less about your addiction. We’ll anyways beside all that , he is still homeless., I called the sober living home he left , it was such a good place & asked manger if they would take him back , we had a long talk & he was so understanding & agreed to take him back , as long as he follows the program ( my son does not know I called , this was my doing) I haven’t spoke to my son since his phone has been dead all day today I hope he accepts. I know I need to let him figure it out & he stop getting involved, I wish I could be stronger .

Last edited:

ksm

Let's hope he will choose to return to his previous sober living house.

Praying my daughter goes to rehab tomorrow at 2. And then praying she stays...

I hope you are able to keep busy and not dwell on his situation. I heard in alanon meeting that when one feels paralyzed by fear and worry, they should do "the next thing". Lime, if this wasn't happening, the heat thing might be washing the dishes, or reading, or errands. If we keep our hands and body busy....out mind can focus on other things for a while.

I hope it helps... newksm

Copabanana

I know I need to let him figure it out & he stop getting involved, I wish I could be stronger .
You are strong. I think your support is crucially important for your son. What hurts me, is how hurt you become when he leaves or rejects great opportunities. You get your hopes up, and then get crushed. What I would wish for you is that you learn from other mothers of addicted young men, how they have changed their thinking and behavior so as to grow a thicker skin. Al-Anon or Nar Anon would be a place to meet these mothers and hear their stories. Or even posting here every day, the feedback you would get would help you learn to protect yourself.
he was so understanding & agreed to take him back
I think this is great that you have secured this second chance for your son at a program that is responsible. You can keep this in your back pocket until he may be ready to try again. I would not bring this up until he tells you he is ready and wants to re-enter a good and serious program.

Last edited: