Hooray - Amazing Race is Back

Ephchap

Like all the other reality shows, Amazing Race is having an all star race, beginning tonight. As Phil says, it's not necessarily about the best racers, or else they would have invited the top three finishers from each race. It's all about the most memorable racers.

Unfortunately, Rob and Amber (first from Survivor) have been chosen, which kind of surprised me. I didn't think they were standouts at all on the Race.

Uchena and Joyce, probably my favorite couple from all the seasons, are the only team that previously won. David and Mary, the couple from Kentucky who everyone fell in love with because this was soooo out of their element (she had never even been out of Kentucky, let alone been on an airplane) were also chosen to be on the show.

Anyway, this is a great show. I'm looking forward to tonight when the race begins!

Anyone else an Amazing Race fan?

Deb

kris

<span style="color: #660000">i can't wait either. i actually really disliked the kentuky couple & like rob & amber much better on AR than on survivor. they were one of the few couples that rarely fought & treated each other with-respect. i also loved rob's dirty tricks lol.

i was disappointed that the hippies aren't getting another shot. i loved them!!!

kris </span>

Ephchap

Amy, yes, I agree. For the most part, it's all about working together and accomplishing tasks.

LOL, kris. That was the one couple my husband and I were hoping would be back - the hippies. We loved them! We thought they actually took the time to appreciate the countries and the people and were pretty positive the whole race. Of course, they also made us laugh a lot. lol.

I wasn't a big fan of the Kentucky couple either, but it seems that we were probably the only two that weren't fans. lol. I liked the Barbie/blonde gals better; at least they were good racers. The waiting for each other on that last race got on my nerves between the backpack/sixpack.

I didn't start watching until the second or third season, but I love this show.

Deb

kris

<span style="color: #990000">stupid golf tournament!!! how dare they delay primetime because of it. grrrrrrrrrrrr

the blondes are back this time too. i loved the blondes last season. thought they were great!!!

yes, the constant waiting for each other was sooooo annoying!! knew those AA gals would be the first to break ranks & leave the rest behind lol.

kris </span>

kris

<span style="color: #660000">well, they're off to a good start....esp rob & amber!! the blondes didn't too to badly either. these guys are my two favorite teams.

i don't care for the cousins much. esp the little person. i thought little people fight to be treated just like everyone else & she uses her small stature at every opportunity....not a good quality in my opinion.

some of them i don't remember like the retired undercover cop & his wife. they were kinda cute. of course we have the required whining couple....the two bald guys lol.

all in all i thought it was a great send off. too bad it started so late ~~~ i hate sports rofl.

kris </span>