Hooray, I was approved for a mobile home.

Jody

I applied yesterday for a three bedroom two full bathroom, mobile home. It's 5 years old and I love everything about it but the green carpeting. It has a nice yard with a nice shed and it's backed up to the woods. It's in really good shape and I got a deal on it. I will pay 550.00 for the next 4 years and I will own it. It's a 14 x 70. I can put up a fence and I am going to have my own dirt. I have enough to get into the mobilehome, I now just have to get a good running vehicle with my income tax. I already filed it but the IRS says they are not working on any income tax refunds till January 30th. For some reason they stuck this terrible lush grass green carpet, and while I could stand it in one room, I don't like it in the entire house. No more crazy neighbor. At least I hope not.

InsaneCdn

Hopefully the dogs don't think that carpet is grass... LOL.

Carpet is easy to change, and not that expensive.
Most important thing is to get IN THERE and figure out what goes where, and what spaces are going to be used for... and THEN slowly start changing it.
If it were my abode... the master bedroom and living room would be top priority... we spend LOTS of time there!

Jody

My difficult child just told me she doesnt want to go to school there next year. Hopefully that will change. ugh, I am not going to let it ruin my day. A friend and co worker let me use her vehicle yesterday to go look at it. We have been very close over the years. I told her that I needed to go back out there tomorrow and asked if I could use her vehicle one more time. She said alright but it sure is a pain in the ars. I said I was sorry and really was to shocked to say anything else at the time. A few minutes later she came back up to me and said, this is going to have to be the last time, I don't make a habit of loaning my car out. I think that is all find and dandy, it's her vehicle, but I am quite shocked. I am very responsible and put more gas in it and didnt do anything to her car. It's her car and she could have just said no, but instead she made me feel terrible. I do things on my own, so I just rented a car, it comes at a cheaper price than a friendship. Ugh but now how do I forget this and go on with the friendship, when I feel she just treated me crappily. OMG, I am really quite stunned.

InsaneCdn

I will NEVER ask a friend to lend anything worth more than $50.
You don't know what she has been through with others borrowing stuff...
Just let it go.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Congratulations! :) I hope the piece of mind & space it will bring you will be for a long, long time and will be well worth it!

As for friend, maybe just let her know exactly what you said here "that you value your friendship and didn't realize the imposition you were placing on her. That you rented a car instead because you would much rather have the friendship for a lifetime (or for a long time)."

Tia

Jody

You are probably right but I do know one thing. She and her husband bought a beautiful home in Florida and she has told me repeatedly, to get my reservation in so that I can go enjoy their home for a vacation. No charge for any of her friends and relatives. I thought that was so nice of her but I think I am definately going to have to pass on that opportunity! Definately feel better that I am renting a car.

DammitJanet

Congrats Jody.

Hon...maybe your friend is like me. I like my friends, I love my family but I dont let anyone drive my car. It took me almost a year before I let Tony drive my car...lol. I dont think any of my kids have driven my car. Well actually thats not true. Jamie hasnt that I know of but he may have when I was in the coma. Billy has once when I was so sick I couldnt get to the store and his car had a flat tire but I was so uncomfortable the whole time that I watched the clock the entire time.

I had someone wreck my first car so I learned to not loan out my cars.

BusynMember

We are moving and want to downsize to a mobile home! Congrats to you!!!!

If you would be so kind, could you send me a PM and tell me where in Illinois, of all expensive states, you found such a reasonable, large mobile home? Illinois is a consideration for us.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to you!!!!! I'm so happy!

Jody

I'm too excited. Can't wait to get decorating, but the best part comes this spring when the planting and gardening begins. I'll have about a month to get the inside done so I can get outside and play in the dirt.

DammitJanet

Jody, my first question. Does this mobile home have a shingle roof or a metal roof? Whichever one let me know. If its shingles, I would start saving to cover it in tin. Shingles tend to blow off in storms. On a mobile home that small it wont cost much. It its a metal roof already, you do need to get up there about once every two or three years and mop this stuff on there to keep it in good condition. That also helps keep sun reflecting back up. I have shingles on mine and we want to put a metal roof on.

Congratulations on your new home! It's such a wonderful feeling to be able to decorate your space anyway you want, not worry about rent increases, etc., etc., etc. Enjoy that dirt - It is the best feeling to be able to enjoy fresh air, sunshine on your own little piece of the universe... SFR