Hope I didn't mess things up...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Despite my ordering refills for difficult child 2's Depakote ER and Seroquel XR nearly two weeks ago, we seem to have about RUN OUT thanks to a psychiatrist's office that didn't respond to the pharmacy promptly.

The Depakote is supposed to get here any day now (I just love three-day weekends when I'm desperately waiting for the mail to get here), but I didn't have enough for a full dose tonight (only 500mg vs. 750mg) and I have none to give him his morning dose tomorrow. :anxious:

I've got enough Seroquel XR to get him through to Wednesday afternoon, but then I'm out of the 400mg -- only have 300mg tabs left.

husband goes in for his psychiatrist appointment tomorrow so I'm asking him to hit them up for samples (they usually have some).

I just hope I haven't screwed this kid up too badly by having him miss a Depakote dose here and there. And I sure do hope the Depakote gets here tomorrow.

That's the one downside to mail order. Ugh. Thank goodness it's the end of the school year.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Gvc,
Crossing all body parts those medications get there today, at least the Depakote and the husband comes home with sample of the Seroquel tomorrow!!

tiredmommy

Email his teacher so she knows there is a medication issue if difficult child 2 starts to be off. I hope it arrives today!

TerryJ2

Good idea, TM.
We don't mail order, but I'm glad I read this, in case we ever do. Things can still get messed up when you go in person, though.
Good idea to have your husband try for free samples, gcv.
Good luck!

klmno

UGHH...I could have sent you some Depakote but tthat probably wouldn't be legal. LOL! I hope it gets here today- samples are a good idea, I agree.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks everyone. My anxiety over this is up a bit. I'm not giving him his usual 2.5mg of Focalin this morning because without the Depakote it activates him. I know it's still in his system, but probably not enough. Ugh. I haven't run out of medications like THIS before. Combination of psychiatrist assistant not acting quick enough, pharmacy being slow, and a 3-day weekend. Nuts, nuts, nuts, nuts, nuts!

I hope husband remembers to ask. I verbally told him last night AND left him a note this morning....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband just called -- they gave him Depakote 250's and Seroquel XR 200's -- no 300's though. That's o.k. I've got some 300's still. It might mess things up for the school giving him his afternoon dose since it's not EXACTLY what the label on bottle says... I can always come to school for a few days to do that.

So I'm going over to his office after I drop difficult child 1 at school to pick them up. Then I can give this morning's dose to difficult child 2 when I see him at the library today at noon!

Whew! This is a relief! Wish life wasn't so dang complicated sometimes, but that's just what we deal with, huh?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That hoovers. I am glad that you are able to do something though.
I just had to go through this with my Topamax. I can only re-fill 7 days in advance. I went in with days left of pills.
I forgot for 2 days. Then asked husband to go pick it up he forgot. So on the last day we went in and they were out. They were going to be out for 4 for more days.
Luckily they gave me 4 pills of generic, which whacked me out. But it was better than going cold turkey I suppose?

The funny thing is, they had called and left a message on our phone, I thought it was mother in law and never listened. LOL
Yeah, Dopamax