Hope I don't jinx myself....

Steely

BUT..............I think I am finally finding those bootstraps that I have been looking for!!! Thank god they are still there. I was beginning to wonder.

I guess it was the Dr visit where she told me my cholesterol was out of control that started it. I already have hi-blood pressure, so I am not in a good heart category. It scared me, still does.

So I had joined a gym the week before, good timing. I have worked out every day for last 5 days. Whew. It will take momentum to build up to where I want to - but just doing cardio every day has given me more energy. In particular I am love with their pool and swimming. OMG. Talk about a calorie burner - very cool. I am also doing weights, and walking....

Then there is the diet - low, low fat. I am OK with it - I am not really craving things which is good.

I have been working on my new business' website and I am almost done. Yay. Now I just need to now start advertising. (Building a website is harder than I remembered, either that or I am just rusty.) I hope now, that there is a customer base here.

My psychiatrist has switched me from Lexapro to Zoloft, which also seems to have given me a bit more energy.

All in all, in the last 3 days I have started to see where things can be good again. Keeping my body crossed that this surge continues because of my life changes...it is this momentum that will carry me out of this depression and on with living a healthy life.

InsaneCdn

Lets see...
1) good food
2) good exercise
3) a medications tweak
4) a plan
... sounds like a good recipe for moving forward!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
No jinx possible. I have told the powers that be, that that is an unacceptable outcome for you.

I'm happy you found them thar straps!!! Hold on tight!

trinityroyal

Steely, I can feel the positive energy radiating from your post. I'm so glad that the healthy changes you've made are having such an immediate effect. Yay!
Trinity

Steely

Thanks guys....this is really a big deal for me. It has been 6 months of absolute darkness, maybe more. I felt like I was stuck in tar. To finally feel that dripping off of me is huge. My best friend Gabe has been watching me struggle through this and although he is a guy and says stupid stuff like just snap out of it - I know he also genuinely cares and has been concerned. He can see it all turn around for me finally, and I think he is as happy for me as I am. Such a good friend, too bad he leaves a thousand miles away. He keeps telling me to move to CO where he is....and I am like.....um.....I just moved dumba.. :) But you never know.

The other thing that I forgot to mention is that I am also seeing a new counselor. It was really, rocky at first as she said some things that I was not OK with - but I called her on it - and she was very responsive and self reflective - which counts for a lot. So we increased my therapy to 2 hours a week so that she and I could really get to know each other - which I have never tried with a counselor - but we will see.

Thank you guys for being such a great support system.