Hope our Ontario members are OK... major storm in TO

InsaneCdn

Sunday evening, a major storm hit the Toronto area. Looks like significant flooding, and news reports are of "hundreds of thousands" without power.

Hope Trinity and the others in that area are OK...

trinityroyal

Hey everyone! Thanks for the good wishes.

Yes, the storms were fierce and the rains have been torrential. I was expecting Noak to float by in his ark all last night. Many of the roads were closed due to flooding, and the power was out for about 16 hours. The subway system flooded out and all train service was halted yesterday afternoon.

Our house is near the top of a fairly high hill, with a nice gentle grade. Probably the best position to be in, all things considered. We saw a lot of water go by, but none got in. The road at the bottom of our hill was completely underwater this morning.

The city's emergency response has been going flat out trying to get everything back in order, and doing a fine job at it. Power came back on this morning, just in time for my commute. Several of the traffic lights started to come back on line as I was driving along, and many of the flooded roads are being cleared.