Hope- Rain & Vegetables

Steely

So, as you know I have been at the bottom. I do not expect that to change overnight, nor do I expect this precise phase to have any permanency. However, tonight I once again felt hope. Just for a moment.

It rained unexpectedly here for the first time, in a very long time. Even the honeysuckle posted it's little flowers upwards. And not one meterologist predicted it.

I went to the doctor, and she told me to stop worrying about all of my hypertension symptoms and focus on relaxation. Surprisingly that is exactly what the doctor ordered. I feel better.

And I decided to make "dinner", finally, after days of just eating whatever was in a can or in a package. I made my usual vegetable dish.

difficult child talked to me for more than a minute. Geesh........he looks just like H. It is haunting. But yet, good. He does not look like his Dad, or me.......as he has grown older.........just H.

Thank you guys for supporting me no matter what.

Heather. Keep your hope.

klmno

That is great, Steely! It's so nice to hear you sound cheerful and have something nice haapen! I bet you feel tomorrow, too, so I hope this is the start of a new trend. Maybe the rain was a symbol of things to come, huh??

TerryJ2

Oh, Steely, you don't know how good it is to hear that!
I love it when it rains and the flowers bloom.

I'm glad you were able to cook some real food, too. I know what you mean about not wanting to cook. However, if eating out of a can is the definition of depression, my friends and I are in big doo-doo. :)

I hope your future begins to bring more ups than downs, even if it's the little things. Because that's where you start.

nvts

Steeley! This was so great to hear! Sooooo give it up! What's in that "Happy Vegetable Dish"?

Glad difficult child is coming out of it too. Isn't it funny how you see them one day and they look like one person and then the next they look like another?

Beth

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That's where it starts, Steele. You push yourself to do it today, and in time, it comes naturally again. Glad you were able to feel something positive again, even for just a bit.

Hugs.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Great, Heather. Sometimes the most normal things make us feel the most normal. One day at a time, dear.

Abbey

Christy

Glad to hear you are finding the positive side of things and taking steps to overcome your depression. I hope you find that each day gets a little easier and more fulfilling.

Christy

F

flutterbee

Remember this day on all the days where you feel like it will never get better. Remember this moment in time and know that it can happen again.

(((hugs)))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This was great to hear this morning~ I'm so happy that you were able to find joy in the simplest of life's gifts - great for you! One say at a time.

Lothlorien

Glad you had a glimmer yesterday. Now, today, look for two glimmers and tommorrow, look for three and so on. You need those glimmers...hang onto those shiny little spots in your day.