Hopefully we will have a new purr baby this weekend

Californiablonde

I posted earlier about our dear sweet young Kitty passing away unexpectedly two weeks ago. I am still heart broken. This weekend I plan on visiting a high kill shelter in the area and adopting a new cat. There isn't an animal on this planet who will fully take Kitty's place but I feel it's time. Kitty was my therapy cat and really helped me through some pretty bad anxiety episodes. Our other cat Lily, who doesn't like to be bothered with, just doesn't do it for me.

I know Kitty was incredibly sweet and affectionate and I will probably not find one just like her, but I'm hoping to find an kitty close enough to how Mandy was. Dear sweet Mandy used to take baths with me every morning and every night. She would actually sit on the bathtub to be right near me. Sometimes she would even crawl on my chest, sit there and let me pet her while I was in the tub! She also kept me company many restless nights when I couldn't sleep. She would sleep right on my pillow with her head on my head. I miss her so much. I had no idea how helpful she really was until I lost her.

I am going to the shelter on Saturday and if I don't bond with a kitty I will sadly leave empty handed. This is a pretty big shelter so hopefully that won't happen. My boyfriend's good friend had a cat who had kittens and we were planning on taking the last one they had left. My boyfriend drove an hour out of his way to see the cat and test it's personality. The cat would not let him pick it up and ran away when he tried to pet it. Then the cat scratched and bit him once he finally got ahold of him. I don't want an aggressive kitty in the house with my kids and Lily so I told my boyfriend forget it we would not take the kitten. Now I am going to try and find a sweet kitty on Saturday and I hope I find the right fit. Wish me luck!

Californiablonde

I am looking at the website now and there are a ton of cats up for adoption, a lot of them all black like Mandy. I am hoping for another black cat but I will take whoever steals my heart!

BusynMember

My favorite cat ever was a very skinny half-siamese cat who howled instead of meowed and he was all black and so SMART. I hope you can ask Mandy to help you pick out the purrrrrrrrrrrrfect cat for your family. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet and then how hard it is to pick out just the perfect replacement. Do update!!!!! And good luck :)

Californiablonde

We adopted a sweet boy named Charlie. He is a black and white three month old kitten. There were a couple of all black cats at the shelter but I didn't really feel a connection with them like I did with Charlie. He loves to sleep at night on my bed. He is very calm and sweet and I just love him! Now if only I could get Lily to stop hissing at him that would be great!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It may take a while for Lily to get over the new kitten. So long as there isn't bloodshed, let them work it out.

Thomas and Squeaky are still working out territory and we've had a few explosions. No one is hurt. My big fear is that because Thomas is declawed, he'll decide to use his teeth.

So far my fears have been groundless. Squeaky doesn't seem to be overly traumatized by the fighting, either. She makes a lot of noise and Thomas spends most of his time trying to avoid her claws and teeth.