Hoping For A Good Day

Bunny

Tomorrow is the first day of school here. difficult child starts high school and I think that his nerves are getting the best of him. He did not have a good day yesterday and when he got up this morning he seemed sullen and depressed.

easy child is looking forward to school starting and he was happy with his teacher assignment. He goes for his first session of vision therapy this morning and I'm going to ask the eye doctor if he can give me something in writing about this condition so that I can advise his teacher.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good day. Or at least an okay day, if that makes any sense.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hope all goes well! I start tomorrow with students but difficult child doesn't start til Wednesday. He is actually starting to get excited which surprises me as usually he doesn't. Mainly he is looking forward to seeing his teachers and SEAs.

svengandhi

We don't start here till next Monday. easy child is looking forward to HS though he screams at me not to talk to him about it.

The VT was such a help to easy child when we did it in 4th grade. He was a hard case so it took us almost 9 months. I hope your easy child makes progress more quickly. The VT I used lives in my town so a lot of people knew her or knew about her so it was very easy to explain it to the teachers.

Bunny

Well, he's gone. The high school bus came, picked up its charges, and went on its merry merry way.

We'll see how the day went when he comes home.

Bunny

He did great! He got lost trying to find his first period classroom an walked in late. The teacher was very good about it and told him that it was find because it's the first day, but he needed to be on time from now on.

He is not happy that he has 3rd period lunch, which is at something like 9:00 am!! He came home on the first day and said that he's just not hungry for lunch that early, so could be bring some type of snack, like yogurt or fruit, and eat that during his lunch period, and then eat lunch when he gets home since he gets home just before 2:00pm. I thought that was a great idea and he handled that really well.

Now they are off for two days for the Jewish holiday. Sigh.

svengandhi

The early lunch is a killer. His solution is excellent. Let him know if your cafeteria offers those options so he can get something if he doesn't bring from home or if it isn't enough. My district offers an online account but I've never done it because my youngest boys don't eat at school.