Hospice

pasajes4

I just signed papers for my 92 year old mother to go on hospice. I found her on the floor of her den 2 weeks ago. No serious injuries, but she is confused and can no longer able to walk without a walker and assistance. Her blood pressure is fluctuating from dangerously high to extremely low. This causes her to pass out many times a day.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
How sad. I'm so sorry that your mother is ill.

It's very hard! Hugs and prayers to you during this difficult time.

Copabanana

Pasa. I am so sorry. I can guess how hard it is. By responding as you are you are protecting your mother, and while hard, yourself. You are an honorable woman and a loving daughter.

Sometimes the hardest decisions, I am learning, are when all is said and done, the most correct. Four and a half years after my mother's death I am finally forgiving myself, for what? For taking on responsibility and deciding the best I could.

The best of hard choices are sometimes all we have. And they need to be honored, even celebrated. Like with our kids. I am seeing that now.

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Pasa, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's not an easy thing to do or go through.

Sending you Hugs and Prayers.

Lil

I'm so sorry Pasa. It's something we all have to face, but knowing that doesn't make it easier. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Triedntrue

I am so sorry for your family troubles. I had to put my mom in a home and then hospice until she passed 10 years ago. She had Alzheimer's. It is one of the hardest things i have ever done. I feel for you and your mom.

New Leaf

Dearest Pasa, Prayers going up for you and your Mom. May the grace and peace of God cover you in this difficult time.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

LittleDudesMom

I am sorry to hear of your mother's decline but will share that Hospice can make a very positive difference your mother's life. They can be a gentle hand and a great liaison. I have had two friends recently who used hospice for their moms (one at life end dementia and the other after a serious stroke) and they were a God-send.

Hugs

Nomad

Staff member
So sorry to hear of your mom’s decline and that you needed to make such a difficult decision...but a very loving one too. Prayers for strength and comfort.