Crystal72

Ya I know huh. I am so exhausted that I left after half hour with him today. husband came straight home without going to see the son. He says I didn't say he needs to. Well I didn't ask you to go pee and poop either and you know to do it?
Sigh.. Sometimes I don't know how men are wired.

buddy

Ya I know huh. I am so exhausted that I left after half hour with him today. husband came straight home without going to see the son. He says I didn't say he needs to. Well I didn't ask you to go pee and poop either and you know to do it?
Sigh.. Sometimes I don't know how men are wired.

Your sense of humor is so great. I almost peed my pants when I read that. holy cow...I just cant imagine...well you didn't tell me I had to blow my nose...gosh!

Crystal72

It's so depressing not having my son here tonight. Seeing all kids having fun on Halloween and he is stucked there in the psychiatric hospital

buddy

decided to stay in my room and sit here with the computer. Ididn't even take my treats out of the cupboard. we have signs for our doors if we have treats so the kids dont knock if there is no sign. I hope I dont actually have to ignore anyone who doesn't know the system. I hear tons of laughs and silly screams out side. yup it sucks. what are the kids on his hospital unit doing? what is your little one doing?

Crystal72

The nurse told me this year they are not celebrating with costumes.
Just for a simple Halloween we can see how sucks some parents doesnt care about how their behavior affect their little one.
I sat outside with one of my dog for an hour with the candies. Some kids don't even greet you and go straight to the candies and no thanks either. Most greeted, asked permission and asked how many candies they can have and thanked you. Even one family of four kids, I told them I wanted to take their picture to show my son cos he is in hospital. One says I hope our costumes will cheer him up and the little one says I hope he feels better.
And I walked into the house to get a drink. I saw another family with 3 kids came up and they looked around, swept all candies away. I stood at my window waving at them. I have no problems you want to take all candies but it's you that is teaching your youngest the greed.
My little one went out with dad and sister for almost 2 hours now,
I m going to call my difficult child to wish him a goodnight

buddy

I would too but he will just get mad. I will call nurses as is my routine to see how they are doing....

no calls about his being in a locked room today though, sigh. (oh gosh now watch...i jinxed myself huh???? knock cyber wood...no please!)

Crystal72

He says they are watching movie and no Halloween celebration. Am I too hard on him? Couldn't I just let him celebrate Halloween at home?
Gosh my right mental told me I did a right decision but the guilt with the bad devil is filling me up with guilts.
What the f is wrong with me. I can put on a strong front the whole day to advocate for him and here I am sitting here hating myself

buddy

Oh my, I fight those thoughts hard too. Lots of mommy guilt to go around. I could have fought for a pass, I could have lied and said he didn't hit me yesterday, but they are both where they need to be so we can help them have a better year! I am going to choose not to second guess that decision anymore. My son is happy that his cousins are going to get him candy at least. I think he finally resigned himself to the situation and decided to make the most of it. I think I am gonna get taco bell now...haha. want some?

Steely

Awesome job with telling the hospital exactly what YOUR kid needs!!!! AWESOME news :)

Besides ADHD tests, what others will they give him? He should have "full" psychological exam, that consists of appx 4 hours. In addition while he is on the unit, they doctors should be noting any cycling of moods, or psychological abnormalities, that help them reach a better conclusion in medicating them.

You are on the right track with him....don't let them release him until you have everything you need. Follow up care, a Dr, the proper medications, etc.

As for him missing Halloween - it might be that you are being more nostalgic than he is sad about missing the holiday? You know? Not that I am judging - cause I have those same feelings even today - but it helps to keep it all in perspective. He is probably not as upset as you are.....and is watching a scary movie and eating candy on the unit.....
:hangin:HUGS :<

Crystal72

psychiatrist in psychiatric hospital says neuropsychologist testing too.
They will keep me posted everyday. I did mention that I need someone to monitor his mood changes so we can work out something

Crystal72

Well I would seriously go for the bottle if I can but I need the sanity and energy to run the whole show single handedly.
On top of my 6 years old PPD not otherwise specified ds and a super drama queen teenager

And I wonder why No one in my family ask how am I holding up..

buddy

Well I would seriously go for the bottle if I can but I need the sanity and energy to run the whole show single handedly.
On top of my 6 years old PPD not otherwise specified ds and a super drama queen teenager

And I wonder why No one in my family ask how am I holding up..

ummmm because YOUR THE MOM! It is assumed you have all the answers, you are perfect, you are not human. Dont you know that by now???? (huge sarcastic smile here!)

Crystal72

There were time I thought I was the alien from outer space.
I just returned from visiting my difficult child. He doesn't take adderall xr today and it's obvious he is happier. He was a actually smiling.
I bought him angus burger and mcrib from macdonald, he finished both and home made cheesecake too. One of the boy was saying : I smelled burger!!!! And he actually ran up to say : and cheesecake too haha

buddy

What a great thing for difficult child to feel so much better! I hope this is a huge upward trend and you will have the records from this to show anyone who ever doubts you again!

and about being an alien... oh yeah, that's true too. haha