Hot threads, few postings

InsaneCdn

Maybe its just me, but... I find it kind of strange that in THIS forum (Special Education), we have a large portion of HOT threads - "everyone" has the same issues, so we're all reading each others threads looking for answers... BUT there are very few posting.

Its as though, when it comes to the education system, there are more questions than answers. Maybe?

(tell me I'm crazy)

JJJ

I think it is a combination of things....

1. Often school issues get discussed on the general board and people post to the similiar thread there rather than here.

2. This section of the board seems to get more than its share of 1 and gone posters. If a poster posted once and then never came back, I usually won't reply if others have done so.

3. This board is more "seasonal" - we get alot of traffic at the start of the US/Candaian school years and then again in early spring when Annual Reviews are often done.

T

TeDo

I agree with JJJ. I post here when I have something to offer but often don't if what I would say has already been said. I have some issues with the SpEd situation in my SD so I do check here often. However, many of the things here lately are things I have had no experience with (or no success) so have nothing helpful to offer. Also, school districts, states, and school staff are often so different that things I might suggest are not an option someplace else. Sometimes I feel very out of my league here that I read but don't post. It IS also a seasonal thing. Right now it's summer vacation (we were done a month ago) so there aren't usually a lot of issues.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

seriously

It seems to me that recently there has been a preponderance of postings that are about very rare or unusual situations like manifestation hearings or the intersection of juvenile justice/school. As TeDo said, many people have no experience or no knowledge about those subjects so don't post.

Otherwise I agree with the others.

I do find myself wishing that the new posters/1 & gone folks would bother to search for information before they post since it is often the case that the answers to their questions are just a search away...