Hotel Recommendation

Nancy

It looks good. I can drive by in the next few days and check it out. It's a safe area, in fact my easy child goes to college about 5 minutes away.

Nancy

Nancy

They have a designated area outside for smokers but we probably should find out if that's a deal breaker for members. Many hotels in this area have that policy.

I have stayed in Marriott Residence Inn's many times and have always been very happy with them.

There is a movie theater right down the street from there and a very nice mall about ten minutes away if family members are coming that would be interested. There is also a Friendly's restaurant right down the street that has great breakfasts and a
Max & Irma's.

It is right off the freeway that we would take to get downtown for the R&RHoF. And best it's very close to the airport.

I'm not trying to sell it, just pointing out the features.

Nancy

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmmmmmmm. TM thanks to a new state law....all public buildings are "non smoking". You just go outside. A PITA, but that's the way it is. Although no one follows the 100 ft rule. At least no one I know. lol

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Olive Garden within walking distance, be still my heart. lol :D

flutterby

Fly away!
Friendly's. That does it for me. :D Two nights ago I was craving Friendly's fries like you wouldn't believe. Out of nowhere. We haven't had a Friendly's here for years.

It's kind of a comfort food thing. My grandpa used to take me there all the time when I was little. Just the two of us. In his '66 Corvette Stingray that was one of 1500 made and with his custom engine in it that was pushing 800 horsepower. I'm the only one he took out in his Vette. And it was always to go to Friendly's. :D

Max & Erma's is good, but I haven't been there in ages. I've heard it's gotten expensive. Is that so?

Fran

Former desparate mom
I figured I would stay at a Residence Inn by the airport. Great minds think alike JJJ.
I'm sitting in one now in baton rouge. I like having a fridge for water. We use them a lot when traveling.

KTMom91

I have never heard of Friendly's or Max and Emma's. When Son #2 graduated from college in Florida, I learned about Cracker Barrel. I like Cracker Barrel.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love Max & Erma's... Good food, not cheap but not expensive either. Actually it's a bit less expensive than Cracker Barrel in my humble opinion.

Friendly's is like a hamburger joint/ice cream place. They closed at least two around here but there is still one out in Beavercreek. Not next door, but close enough!

Yeah, all public buildings here in OHOHO are non-smoking. For some of us it is a royal PITA. But we live with it.

Depending on whether BM starts paying support again and if husband gets some jobs (construction contractor) I may have to drive up for one day. Grrrumph. Can't afford much when I have to pay her part too!

DammitJanet

Step2...you dont have to tell me about construction wages. We are counting every nickle and dime right now for this. Tony is a dry wall worker and work has been tough to come by in commercial construction down here.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Swimming pool!!! Raoul and cocktails poolside! get your tank-corts and tinkinis and moo-moos out!!!

These look pretty nice and they look spacious enough that if we wanted to have gatherings in the rooms we could hang out and gab.
They likely have space in the Hotel as well.

Is downtown close? It looked pretty close on the map.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm partial to Marriott, too. I'm interested to hear what Nancy has to say about these hotels.

Suz

Nancy

Which one does not have enough rooms to block? The Residence Inn?

I'm not wild about the Sheraton. It is literally on the airport premises and it's not easy to get to eating places.

LOL the Marriott on W. 150 was the hotel we stayed at on our way to our honeymoon. It looks like they have done a lot of remodeling. If they have neough rooms I can take a ride and check it out. I'm not as wild about the location. It's OK but not the best. Let me know about availability.

I'm disappointed about the Residence Inn not having enough room becauser that location is ideal.

Nancy

witzend

Hmmmmmmmm. TM thanks to a new state law....all public buildings are "non smoking". You just go outside. A PITA, but that's the way it is. Although no one follows the 100 ft rule. At least no one I know. lol

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Olive Garden within walking distance, be still my heart. lol :D

I think we should just go to France. They'll let you smoke anywhere there!:tongue: