Hound Dog's thread made me think

flutterby

Fly away!
Lisa, that is what should be coming to me. I don't use many P&G products, so I'll be happy to pass along whatever coupons I don't need when I get it.

crazymama30

Wow. Susie, you are amazing. My friend with 5 kids and one on the way makes her own laundry soap the same way you do. she also uses cloth diapers and makes her own baby wipes.

I am impressed!

flutterby

Fly away!
You can also go to Kroger's website and download coupons to your Kroger card. You should check that out for other stores where you have a card like that and see if they offer the same thing.

InsaneCdn

Coupon swap...

You don't need snail-mail! Here's how:
Download one of the free "print-to-pdf" programs... cutepdf is one of them, but there's lots out there. These act like a printer - but instead of printing, they write to a file, in PDF format.
Now you can send it by email...
(saves the cost of the stamp)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Coupon swap...

You don't need snail-mail! Here's how:
Download one of the free "print-to-pdf" programs... cutepdf is one of them, but there's lots out there. These act like a printer - but instead of printing, they write to a file, in PDF format.
Now you can send it by email...
(saves the cost of the stamp)

Unfortunately...this is not a good idea.

Coupons printed onto pdf files are ILLEGAL. That's why the coupon sites make you download their software and print directly to your printer.

Sorry....

And as long as I am here--

Some of my tips?

Well, I guess the biggest one is BE FLEXIBLE. The more loyalty you have to a store or a brand or a particular product - the more it will cost you over time.

As far as meals plans go...I really don't have one. I buy what's on sale and I stock up so that we have plenty of "ingredients" on hand to make future meals.

A freezer will be your best friend. Buy one to eat now and one to freeze (or several to freeze if you can swing it!). You can even freeze lowfat milk!

There have already been so many good tips listed on this thread....this should be enough to get you started!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I also wanted to suggest to any of you gals that may or may not do this ----COMPOSTING and RECYCLING. It takes a little bit of energy an effort to get started but here's a little information that may or may not be of interest to you.
www.recyclebank.com

DammitJanet

Oh...and Im sure that most of you expert couponers know this but...there are (giggles now)

APPS for that!

I just had to say that...lmao.

No really...I found gosh knows how many apps for couponing on my android marketplace.

InsaneCdn

DF - up here in Canada, we don't HAVE the kinds of fancy coupon systems that we're hearing about on this thread... The fanciest we get is "two prints" - with a different bar-code on each. So, obviously, printing to PDF doesn't change anything - each bar-code can only be used once. Maybe that's why we get away with it here.

I can't IMAGINE having access to these kind of coupon savings systems - totally unheard of here.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DF - up here in Canada, we don't HAVE the kinds of fancy coupon systems that we're hearing about on this thread... The fanciest we get is "two prints" - with a different bar-code on each. So, obviously, printing to PDF doesn't change anything - each bar-code can only be used once. Maybe that's why we get away with it here.

I can't IMAGINE having access to these kind of coupon savings systems - totally unheard of here.

Really? You can't access coupons.com from Canada? I didn't even think about the system being country-specific...

And yeah, gotta be careful with the pdf thing. It's the easiest way for scammers to make hundreds of cooies of one legitimate coupon....and then retailers lose out on tens of thousands of dollars...

and then they start putting restrictions on accepting coupons!

Thats what happened at Kroger. The Krogers here will accept only two internet printable coupons per customer...and those coupons cannot be for a free item...or for an amount that is worth more than 50% of the item's value. IOW - if something is on sale for $1 and I have a coupon for $1 off - they will refuse my coupon.

trinityroyal

Really? You can't access coupons.com from Canada? I didn't even think about the system being country-specific...

Well, we can get access to coupons.com, we just can't use the coupons as they're not valid here.

Also, our regulations are quite different. We're not usually allowed to combine coupons. In fact, most of them say right on the coupon something like "Not valid if used in combination with another offer". I find that the no-name and store brands up here tend to be of very good quality -- often made by the same manufacturer, just with different labelling and logos. And the generics are so much less expensive than the brand names that even with a coupon it's just not worthwhile.

Trinity-of-the-North

exhausted

Oh- one of my new favorites is Citydeals.com Don't know if its available in Canada or exactly what cities. We don't go out to eat much, but if we do, we use a city deal coupon. They have 1/2 price coupons you order off their site and sometimes they go on sale for even less (usually Wed.) We got $20.00 for $5.00 at a local resteraunt we love. You can order them in quantities as well- usually up to 4 per household. They have coupons for entainment and services toboot! I like it because we can buy them and have them around, good as gifts and we only buy what we know we will use.