Housewarming party for EW

KTMom91

I'll get my mother in law to make chile rellenos, quesadillas, and chile verde, pick up a large economy size bottle of tequila, and a few limes. mother in law says she doesn't mind making the food as long as she's invited to the party. For the gift, I think a set of soft, beautiful sheets for the brand new bed would be appropriate.

busywend

I am bringing an artichoke dip and my new staple appetizer is a slice of French bagette bread with crumbled up Italian sausage topped with a slice of pepperjack cheese melted on top....Yum!
And of course, a bottle of wine! Cabernet of course!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sounds like a dessert or two are in order - butter pecan ice cream torte & an awesome turtle cheesecake. Of course with dessert there needs to be a dark rich coffee with a bit of Irish whiskey. Let me know if you need new bed linens - one of my favorite indulgences.

everywoman

Ah Ladies--Ya'll are the best. Not much time. Trying to wrap up the school year. Graduation tonight. 240 names to be read---Yikes----and 1/2 day to finish up tomorrow. The party was just what I needed to relax. And husband isn't so bad---he's really hurt right now---and he's reacting out of hurt. Hopefully, he will be able to put his life together.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sweeeeeet - (looking at beths gift) I thought she was bringin' crickets and butter. :tongue:

Ya know when a man throws flowers at you - you can toss the pots back. :surprise:

Ephchap

Well, after all these goodies, get through the graduation ... and then I'm taking us all out for Dairy Queen. Nothing quitre like ice cream as a comfort food. :) I'm having the Reece's peanut butter blizzard. Mmmmmm. :redface:

Sending mega hugs, EW !
Deb

SRL

Oh good, I'm not too late.

I'm bringing one of those swinging chairs for the patio. We can all have our pictures taken with Raoul on it. ;)
I'm also bringing umbrellas for the drinks.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh...and I'll also bring a clothesline to hang all of those new linens on. Nothing in the world like sleeping on line dried sheets. Plus, if you're on the coast....I bet that makes them smell all the better!

Just realized though. If I have the occasional issue with puny Indiana birds leaving "presents" on things on my clothesline....I wonder what kind of gifts seagulls leave??? :sick:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Stang, having been bullseyed by a seagull at the age of ten, on the beach in New Jersey (wood something?) ... YEAH. THEY GO SPLAT. EWWW.

However... That's the chance you take with line drying...

busywend

EW, it is so awesome that you wanted to make sure we all knew husband did that out of his hurt feelings and not because he is bad. You are a good person.
You are right and he may do other stupid things, too. But, he will still be that 'great guy' underneath his pain.