Housewarming Party for Witz.........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh you know I love to throw a lovely party -

So tomorrow at noon I thought we'd have a luncheon & housewarming party for Witz' NC home.
Our color scheme is Willow Green, Light soft tan and Dark Cocoa. with just a hint of lilac.
I've made a natural centerpieces with puddy willow branches, blooming white crab apple blossoms, winding grape vines, and Wisteria in a large 2' cut crystal vases - each table has one
I've put a chocolate table cloth down and put a lovely tatted lace tablecloth on each table

Our plates are a bisque color china with willow green bows- the silver ware is Godinger grape vine pattern, and the watergoblets and wine glasses are also crystal -
I've covered all the chairs with soft white linen chair covers and willow green bows
The place cards are scored and have lace punchout patterns - and are a light lavender

The meal
is fruit salad (honey dew, cantalope, strawberries, white and red grapes, watermelon with an optional side of sour /whipped creme dressing)
Baked Salmon, with stir fry rice and vegetables - red & green peppers, beans, okra

and for dessert - baked Alaska

My gift for Witz and husband is a Butterfly Bush - and an Extra Large Globe Muscadine vine and hand made Arbor.....Butterflies are attracted to the bush and will bring you hours of pleasure watching the winged angels, and Muscadines will grow on your arbor for years to come and have a unique taste and are a treat to share with everyone.

-

Welcome to your new home.......

And what are YOU BRINGING????

Last edited:

Jody

I am bringing sweet tea, and and a hammock to put up in her back yard, so she and hubby can relax and enjoy all that good air and warm weather. Enjoy your new home Witz. I am so envious!!!!!!

everywoman

I'm bringing some outdoor cooking necessities---a cast iron pot, a large steamer, a propane burner, and some recipes for good old southern cooking.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'll bring some wrought-iron patio furniture, the comfortable kind, and an umbrella for shade. Gotta have somewhere to sit and eat that outdoor meal!

DDD

If you see a salt and pepper headed woman toting a few bottles of Cutty Sark...that's me. Still under the weather so I'll lean up against an Oak trunk and enjoy the party from a distance. Hugs DDD

Calamity Jane

With such elegant decor, I feel I must bring cucumber sandwiches and mint juleps. I'll bring some battery-operated pillar candles to hang in the trees and put on the tabletops, too. Strings of lights around the deck for when the party extends into the evening.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Here I am!!! Sorry, but dragging this heavy Koi pond is not easy. Someone will have to assemble the wooden foot bridge that goes over it. :)

N

Nomad

I'll bring a beautiful multi color flowered centerpiece.

Sending good thoughts for much success and happiness! :congratualtions:

Kathy813

Staff member
I'll bring the mosquito spray and the sunscreen.

Welcome to the southland. :bigsmile: Let me know if you ever take a trip down I-85.

~Kathy

DDD

Calamity, will you please hang one on my oak tree? The darn skitters are out early this year. Sigh. DDD

DDD

DDDBtw, Witz, is your big dog related to Ace?? I swear he keeps coming over to my Oak tree and looking at the Cutty bottles with lust. Scarey. :cheers:

KTMom91

I'll bring some Sweet Tea vodka and some other little sandwiches. We already have cucumber, so I guess I'll make a salmon mousse spread on dill bread and cream cheese on dark bread. And shortbread cookies made from scratch.

rejectedmom

Chocolate!...No party is complete without it so I'll bring the chocolate fountain and fruit and pound cake to dip. I will also bring you a pretty bird hous,e a feede,r and some seed because ther is nothing like waking up to the sound of birds singing. Enjoy your new home Witz! =RM

DDD

OMG...I haven't had those little salmon dill bread sandwiches wince I was forty. Bring em on. Bring em to the oak tree.
PLEASE. DDD

trinityroyal

Since we're having finger sandwiches, I'll bring petit fours for dessert. Iced in white with willow green and chocolate decorations, to go with Star's decor.
Congratulations Witz. Wishing you and husband all the best in your new home.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH I got her a front door mat - it's monogrammed with their last name.....GO AWAY.

Has anyone seen D3? I have some fresh wine goblets and the Stella Artois is on tap! OH SHE BROUGHT ACE!!!! SOmeone take him a cushion!Errrrr I mean her...and some more sandwiches! And another bottle of .....no wait....is she leaning against that Oak or is she LEeeeeaning against the oak? Oh the oak is leaning.....Okay hahaha. Take her this chilled bottle of Cutty....

The DJ is almost here - DOG GONE IT DEB - you are supposed to already be set up! It's past twilight! ------------lol. (flight delay from Dakota! ) My bad - my limo was down and we had to shuttle her and the equipment in on Donkey!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now say that SOUTHERN STYLE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!! - COme on - I know you know it ----------

And OH here's another present - (I'll get that) it was from Ace - (reminds me - I got you DOG tongs too) and an inground doggie dooley!

All the makings for espresso martinis, my new favorite drink. Plus I'll bring you a Kuerig machine, you'll can have any kind of coffee or tea you like with that.....plus a lifetime supply of those k-cups. (DDD get away from the oak tree, you gotta try these!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well dahling - I am here at your new home - cleaning up.......I think the party was a success......I moved D3 to one of the new chaise lounges and covered her with a comforter.....she's having coffee this morning and feeling MUCH better......

Everyone loved the party, raived over the house and as a parting gift the maids will be here in an hour or so to do the finish cleaning at your beck and holla.......

HOLLA!!!!!

Had a BLAST!

DDD

Oh my goodness Gracious! I swear I'm not going to move from this chaise lounge until time to head home. Thanks for catering to me and BIG thanks for keeping Ace off my lap...whoever took him for a walk is my new BFF.

Witz I just love your new home and am delighted to say "Welcome to the South!" Hugs DDD