Houston, we have a job!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband got the job! :bigsmile:

HR called this morning to extend the verbal offer, and then sent an email confirmation. He should receive the official paperwork in the mail in the next day or two. Although it's still less than his last salary, the offer is a little bit more than what his boss-to-be initially stated he thought he could get for him, so we are very pleased!

He won't be eligible for medical unitl February. The medical package is nowhere near as good as the plan we have with COBRA right now, in terms of coverage (obviously it's much better in terms of the premium we pay). We'll have to rethink some of our current providers who are out of network, unfortunately. This mostly applies to our dentists. I will NOT change our psychiatrist though. He is worth every penny in my opinion.

He starts next Monday, and his boss already said he could take a day or two off around the holidays to be with the family since he'd really wanted to wait until Jan. 4th to start.

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes and prayers over the past six months of his unemployment. This has been a good experience overall for our family -- brought us closer together and taught us some important lessons despite the stress.

I'm just relieved that things are moving forward now.

DammitJanet

Well...Yahooooooo!

Yuck on the medical not coming in till Feb though. Maybe the new providers will be good in the end. I wouldnt sweat dentists. They arent as irreplaceable as some doctors. Heck I hate dentists anyway...lol.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What wonderful news!!!

I'm opening the champagne---------------- :wine:

HappySuz

witzend

I know just how good you feel! In 2001 just before 9/11 husband was let go from his job. He put in app after app, and finally got a nibble just about this time of year. His first day was December 24th, and he got holiday pay for Christmas! ;)

We also had to change our insurance from a Blue Cross to UHC. We both had to change doctors. But what a relief for the Holidays!

I'm really glad for you and your husband!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks so much, everyone!

Dazed, the commute is awful... North OC to Marina del Rey :( He may have an early day though and start at 6am, which might spare him much of the nasty traffic. On a good day, it's at least an hour. On a bad day (like last Friday when he went in for the last interveiw) it's 2 hours +... Oh well.

And I know I shouldn't have done this, but I looked up the website of the other company he'd gotten a lead about from a head hunter... the one that's MUCH closer to home, comparable if not better pay, same line of work... but they were waiting to hire the director before they posted the job the head hunter wanted husband for. Well, the same job title he just got was posted last Thursday at the other company. Same job.

Part of me is just flipping out that this is a missed opportunity... husband is handling it way better. He says the head hunter already has his information, and he figures they'll call him if they're interested in pursuing him further. And I'm feeling like we shouldn't be passive about this and should go after it. But it's not for me to decide, so I really, truly need to let it go and let husband handle this however he sees fit. I just know how much the commute on this new job is going to bug him... Wonder if the job will still be open in 6 months... he could maybe consider it then without burning too many bridges at this new place.

Okay, time to turn off the worry in my head! HA! As IF! :tongue: