How about a real life party???

mstang67chic

Going Green
Someone on the pity party thread mentioned wanting to get together for real.

Just for kicks and giggles I checked in the Outer Banks for lodging and pricing. This particular house (just as an example) has 12 bdrms that include: 2 Kings, 6 Queens, 4 singles, and a confusing listing of bunk beds. If I calculated right and by putting 2 people each in the kings and queens and some misc. numbers for the singles and bunks, for 20 people (low ball estimate on the number of people) for a WEEK in October, the price per person for the entire week is.............drumroll please............$134.75.

http://www.joelambjr.com/rental/house.html?ID=532&Avail=2008-10-11&Stay=7

This is just an example because I'm somewhat familiar with the area as friends go almost every year and have told me all about it. But, it just goes to show that, at least the lodging part, IS affordable for a large group.

So, my question to you all is.....................do we do this? We can plan for almost any part of the country and also plan for next year to give everyone a chance to hoard their pennies and arcade tokens.

Whatcha think?

trinityroyal

Mustang, I think that's a FABULOUS idea.

Due to logistics, finances and other stuff, I would need to hold off until 2009, but count me in!

Yee-hah

Trinity

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Holy cow that would be amazing! Not sure I could do a whole week, but I would sure be willing to try part of one!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Due to logistics, finances and other stuff, I would need to hold off until 2009, but count me in!

Yee-hah

Trinity

Me too for sure. Like I said, that was just an example, not only on the lodging but the time too. I picked October because I know it's considered the off season down there. If you pick a time during the height of the season, the cost jumps by a couple of grand for the week. (For that particular week it was $2695.)

klmno

Logistics would be my problem, too- single parent, you know. There is an island with beaches and houses for rent (maybe for a little less in summer) that I could do if school wasn't in session- so I could have someone to watch difficult child.

But, if I can't make it, I'll be there in spirit!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Will it accomodate my wheel chair, oxygen tank and seeing eye dog?
-I was so shocked at the low ball estimate - I fell, broke my hip, had an asthma attack and hit my eye on the door knob.

So which one of you is brave enough sleep with a grinding teeth, snoring, cover hogging gal? lol

Abbey

Spork Queen
Sounds awesome to me, but who knows where I'll be in a few months.

I'm always open to another Vegas reunion. We had a great time last time. I've got a few spare rooms...could hook you up with cheap hotels.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
So which one of you is brave enough sleep with a grinding teeth, snoring, cover hogging gal? lol

Well I hog covers too but I'll come with my own blankie, I talk in my sleep and, according to husband (but I don't believe it) snore like a chainsaw.

So what'dya say roomie? LOL

everywoman

Count me in. I "love" beach parties. Even in October it's often warm enough down here to sit out on the beach!!! I love the outerbanks---but it is definitely "outer" There are a lot of small beaches south of there----south of myrtle that might fit the bill. Mustang---check out Garden City, SC. Beautiful beach---large houses---a lot of local restaruants and shows and shopping. Much more to "do" than the outer banks----but, hey, being secluded may be a good thing.

M

ML

I like the Vegas idea. I could probably do a three day weekend sometimes in the summer or fall. I would love to meet all of you!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am SO there. The get together a few years ago in Texas was awesome. Esther came from Jerusalem, I drove down from OK and stayed at another member's home, Coookie flew in from MN, and we all got together at Frans!

This sounds amazing. Vegas would be awesome. I think if we had it more toward the middle of the country it would be less of a travel burden for more people.

I am up for whatever. I will get my kids farmed out, or let the cat babysit. Whatever.

count me in.

Star, I will share with you. You sound more restful than my husband - who once broke a toe in his sleep because he was playing soccer in a dream!

Susie

Steely

Seriously count me in. I would find a way!!!!

So who is going to organize it? Whatever it takes.

I am telling ya - the support I got from you guys when H. died is unparralled - and I have been thinking about getting together in person with all of you ever since.

Let's do it!!!

TerryJ2

It's close enough that I could do a day or two pretty much any time of the yr.
It would be neat to meet you all in person.

DammitJanet

You would be in my neck of the woods with the NC or SC beaches. Actually it may be cheaper if you checked out the beaches from Wilmington on down. There are a ton of smaller beach communities people go to.

I have been to one get together but it was years ago. Missed the Vegas one because of finances.

Star*

call 911........call 911
- I was at the Vegas one and it was awesome!!!

(you guys just didn't know I was there) - told ya!