How can anyone be so stupid???

susiestar

Roll With It
What kind of IDIOT approved that??? I bet they won't have a job much longer, esp not if it is picked up on any national tv programs!!!

This is as dumb as those gummi kid vitamins. I always refused to have them because the kids would then think they were candy and be MUCH more likely to want some candy and dig until they found them and ate the boxful. Too much of many vitamins is just as toxic as too much of many drugs.

I am so floored that a Sam's did that. Wow. I want one of the Tootsie Roll Banks filled with xanax!!! (just kidding!!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG!! You've GOT to be kidding me???

All the time us parents put in to teaching our kids to leave pill bottles alone......and they do something idiotic like this???

What is the point of this anyway?? I mean, c'mon, what kid is gonna have input into what pharmacy their parents use??!!!

This has to go into the top ten worse business decisions. :faint:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
O
M
G

How absolutely moronic.

I have no other words... Except... Fire the guy that came up with this!

Star*

call 911........call 911
THIS has GOT to be a made up joke - can we check this out on one of those factual web sites? I can't think of the name SCOPE or something.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay then that is the STUPIDEST, most RIDICULOUS, REPUGNANT thing I have EVER seen SAMS CLUB do - EVER.

DammitJanet

Well I think it was a stupid thing for a store to do because as was pointed out, what kid decides where the parent gets their prescriptions filled?

But I am probably a stupid grandma because I have a ton of empty pill bottles that end up all over the house and Keyana plays with them. She plays with them in the bathtub and uses them to pour water from one to the other. She plays with them outside in the dirt. And yes, she puts candy in them and pretends they are her "pills" like grandma takes. She is very good about not touching MY bottles because she knows she cant open anything with a label on it. She will point at them and say...Grandmas or Keyanas?

donna723

Janet, you're doing the right thing to teach her what she can and cannot have, so she knows better than to take any of your pills thinking that they're candy. I've seen a lot of people that didn't though. I've seen people whose toddlers would cruise around a room picking up people's glasses and taking a drink out of them, no matter what was in them! With a child that age, you cannot possibly keep every harmful thing out of their reach - much better to teach them that they are NOT allowed to eat or drink or play with anything they find - only what they have been given. She sounds like a smart little girl.

DammitJanet

I have to teach her. I was too scared because I have the bottles here and she can climb. I do keep stuff up and put away but still...there is always the possibility. So very early on I started teaching her. She is also a very non-difficult child kid. She wants to please me most of the time. She does take medications herself so she will bring me a bottle and say is this mine? I will say yes or no and she will put it back. I also keep my weeks worth of pills in a weekly pill container that is NOT childproof and I worry when she is here that she would get into it but she has been told that it is not a toy and she cant touch it. She seems to understand that there are simply things she cant touch. My bottles, my container and Papa's guns are off limits. She will point at them and name them and say..."those are XXX, they are dangerous, I dont touch them." We just pat her shoulder or hug her and say yep, you are right...thats a good girl.

Now I dont know if that would work for others but for some reason it seems to work for her. And it worked with my boys when they were young too.