How did your Easter go?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DeterminedMama I hope you posted over in general. I wouldn't want your post to get "lost" in this one. Welcome to the board. :)

Nerfherder your day sounds like lots of fun. I'm going to have to try those hot dog bunnies. lol

Janet I'm so glad that Easter itself turned out so well! by the way I've always hated coloring eggs. I'm not even sure the kids have kept it up with the grandkids......I know the girls did one year, but after that? No mention. Guess it isn't as much fun as a grown up. lol

UAN sorry your holiday was a bust. Red Lobster.......... mmmmmmmmm. Yum. Darn it. Do whatever YOU want to do for Mother's Day and don't wait around for others to think of something. It's YOUR day, so do as you like that day. :)

Terry........ omg with the turkey! Too right, what was he thinking?? At least you had ham too, though. Dinner sounds yummy. LOL about husband doing a blessing for Thanksgiving.

Step I've never had salt pork..........did not even know one could buy salt pork. Hmm How does it taste?? Sounds like you had a good day even if Onyxx was trying to get out of doing some laundry for herself. LOL

Jody......sorry your day was a bummer and difficult child was in a mood. Sound like you might want to make some special Mother's day plans for yourself too. (it gets fun again when there are grandkids to spoil )

Jody

Lisa, thanks. Mother's Day is definately going to be fun!!! I think I will make plans with my friend to go to a bingo hall out of town and dinner.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OMG. I had a hard time finding it! It must not be a Midwestern thing like in the south. Green beans, onions, and a few chunks of salt pork simmered for hours is divine! (Of course a lot of people 'round here like green bean casserole which I find only slightly more palatable than what is in Meggie's diaper.)

Salt pork is basically superfatty, supersalted bacon... You can get it in a chunk or sliced. It's horrid on its own. It's meant for flavoring. I was going to use bacon if I couldn't find any...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So where did you find the salt pork then? That whole green beans, onions........sounds out of this world divine! I normally do green beans with bacon......I have a hard time eating them without it in there. My mom / grandma used to save the bacon grease in a little bowl in the frig. Then if they didn't have any bacon on hand when making green beans either fresh or from the can they'd toss a teaspoon of that in instead, still good. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL I did find it at Kroger... Near the bacon.

I like bacon in mine, too... But salt pork is like chunks of meat mixed in... The stuff I got yesterday tasted good but it was sliced. Bah.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
No Easter dinner for us....this was a first. But it was kind of nice not to have to plan it or drive some place.

DammitJanet

I will be very sad when we have no more Easter and no more Halloween. Its coming though. Cory's already moved to the west coast and it looks like Mandy and McKenzie will be headed there within the next few weeks. Tony is almost in tears over that. Im not quite that upset. I know Cory has to finally leave the nest sometime and if this job is what will be so good for him, and it does look like it is going to be, then it is what will be best. Cory swears he will save up enough to send us tickets to go see him at least twice a year. He should be able to do that with his income. He is really doing well now. Tony keeps talking about moving out there with Cory but I asked him, so you want to follow your least liked child and one grandchild when you have two other kids and 3 grandchildren on the east coast? How much sense does that make when no one knows if Cory will be sent somewhere else at any time? And Cory will be moved, he wont be staying in one place forever. He will be following cell towers. He sent me a picture of him on one of the towers looking down and boy is it scary! Im proud of him though. He isnt letting his disabilities stop him.