How do I clean a jacket?

klmno

I have a polyester blend jacket that goes with a skirt I'd like to wear tomorrow. It's gotten dusty at the shoulders because I didn't hang it in plastic and is supposed to be dry cleaned but I obviously can't get that done before tomorrow. What's the best way to clean that off? I was afraid if I just took wiped it with a damp cloth it would make the dust go into the material more and look "blotchy".

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'd first try hitting it with the vaccuum -- can you use the hose attachment? Then whatever's left you could just try blotting off with a clean damp (not wet) cloth.

Maybe others have different advice that would work better... just thinking out loud what I'd try.

klmno

These are good ideas!

I just checked the tag- it's over 90% polyester and the rest is rayon. (It looks more professional than it sounds. Really! LOL!) It's burgundy with sort-of rasberry colored pin stripes, and liined.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I've had good luck wiping down dry fabric with a fabric softener sheet before brushing. The anti-static ingredients seem to "release" the dust and lint.

Make sure you use a DRY sheet, though. Otherwise you can wind up with spots from the softener.

klmno

Thanks, all! When I looked at it closer, it was dirtier than I thought. I shook it, vacuumed it, ran a dryer sheet over it, then brushed it (with the only brush handy- difficult child's old hair brush- seldom if ever used).

It's acceptable- I don't think hye'll notice. Shewwew....I'm running into the shower to get ready to go- I have everything ready. I just have to walk a block to the car than change out of hiking boots. I dug the car out of the driveway and moved it yesterday to make sure I could get there.

Fingers crossed- this is the best chance for keeping the hosue.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you hit ME with a vacuum I'd probably yell. Then I'd attack back with a mop.

I was thinking a stone at the creek Maw......seriously girl......DRYELLE. In the laundry section at the grocery store.