How do I do a quote?

myeverything04

I tried to find this in the resource area but couldn't. Then I tried to 'reply to with a quote' and it didn't do what I thought it would.
Can anyone explain how I can reply using a quote from a previous post?
Thanks

T

TeDo

Put QUOTE inside SQUARE brackets at the beginning of the quote and /QUOTE inside SQUARE brackets at the end. They have to be typed EXACTLY as I've typed them. If you do reply with quote, make sure you do not delete any part of either of these things. One little thing and it will mess up the WHOLE thing.

Last edited:

InsaneCdn

When you are entering your post - assuming you haven't gone to the "advanced" editor - there is a row of icons right above the typing space. The second-last icon on the right, is the "quote" icon.

If you click on that icon, it puts the quote strings in for you, and you just put your text in between...
[ QUOTE] [ /QUOTE] (I added spaces so you can see what the quote button does)
.............^............... your text goes where the ^ points to.

buddy

I had this problem too.... For some reason it was hard for me to figure it all out and LOTs of members tried to help me so I will say how I do it and between us you can pick the way you like, LOL

1. If you want to quote the entire post someone has put up, and then to reply use the "reply with Quote" bubble below the person's post. Then start typing under or above the part that shows the
words.

2. If you want to quote a part of a post.... or to put any other words in the quote bubbles, you can:

a. highlight and copy ......
b. select the reply with a curved arrow button under the post you are replying to
c. Paste the part you copied.... or type an original statement you are wanting to say and to separate out by a quote bubble
d. select and highlight the part you want in quotes AGAIN but this time click on the little talking bubble above where you are typing and that puts the
codes in the right order and form before and after what you have selected. You can also change the other formatting of the highlighted words at that time too... like size, font, bold, etc....

Then go on and type as usual above or below the
words so you do not type on the bubble.

Sounds like a lot but once you do it, it will become easier........

myeverything04

I had this problem too.... For some reason it was hard for me to figure it all out and LOTs of members tried to help me so I will say how I do it and between us you can pick the way you like, LOL