How do we cope

BloodiedButUnbowed

LBL, so sorry you are going through this, but it was a necessary learning experience for you and your husband.

You now know, as you said earlier, that having him home is not sustainable and will not work out, at least as long as he continues in his addiction and criminal behavior.

He will do what he will do no matter what roof he is under, yours, a friend's, or the criminal justice system's.

I am glad that the authorities are holding him accountable though the process takes way too long.

Hang on and patrol the boundaries you and your husband have set.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
LBL, so sorry you are going through this, but it was a necessary learning experience for you and your husband.

You now know, as you said earlier, that having him home is not sustainable and will not work out, at least as long as he continues in his addiction and criminal behavior.

He will do what he will do no matter what roof he is under, yours, a friend's, or the criminal justice system's.

I am glad that the authorities are holding him accountable though the process takes way too long.

Hang on and patrol the boundaries you and your husband have set.

You are so right C. It is like being in limbo and knowing the outcome but swimming through mud to get to it.

I agree this is beaucracy at is best. The outcome is inevitable and yet the snail paced system crawls along.