HOW in the WORLD does this make sense?

susiestar

Roll With It
Ladies, I just gave a HUGE shout of pure DELIGHT!!!!! For some reason the neuro dept at the children's hospital doesn't mail letters until a month after whatever is scheduled has happened. This letter says that Dr. Scream and Yell if They Ask a ?? is no longer at the hospital because he moved to TX effective Aug 15!!!!

You have some idea how happy I am. The doctor that his patients are being changed to is the one I wanted when I contacted them - she is trained in both pediatrician and adult movement disorders!!!

We have an EEG scheduled for the 20th - they sent the letter telling me that it was ordered and scheduled in the beginning of Aug two weeks after the appointment. Gee, wonder why we didn't show up - the neuro's office had said that they would contact us if Dr Scream wanted to do anything and to stop calling or he would just refuse to do anything because he didn't like being "nagged" (I did send a complaint to the head of the hospital over that!). So we figured we were SOL for any help and were looking to get another doctor, any other doctor, to do another EEG.

I do NOT hold a terrible amt of hope that this is going to be found this easily, but at least the one most difficult cog is no longer in our way!!! I truly loathe that doctor and am so THRILLED he won't be actively keeping us from treatment.

I am still going to investigate the other hospitals - no faith in these people in our state so I won't put all my eggs in that basket, Know what I mean?? But it is awesome to know he is GONE GONE GONE!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie, let's hope this roadblock removed becomes a domino effect and brings you closer to some answers.

Awesome news.

susiestar

Roll With It
Got a call today from the primary care doctor's office. Told me to call Dr. S, our first neuro who dropped the ins co that we had because they were two years behind in paying him. He is widely regarded as best neuro, pediatrician or adult, in the state and only sees pediatrician patients. He is awesome, the kids love him and parents adore him because he talks to you and your kids. Like you are real people capable of understanding things (will explain terms but not like you are a moron).

He is also the least likely to attribute things to "psychiatric problems" and has come out in several articles over the last five years about patients given that lack of diagnosis by other neuros who came to him and he found fairly easy to diagnosis problems that in no way should have been missed by the other docs. Two cases he had the diagnosis from records before the child was seen (I know the parents of one child from a group here).

Anyway, he is looking at her referral, which the family doctor's nurse said includes NONE of the **** from Dr Scream and just has the problems, and we should get a call in the next couple of days. He actually had the referral with him (good doctor) when I called just now to see if we could book an appointment.

All of the board vibes and mojo and juju and prayers are maybe getting us somewhre!!! this doctor is also the only one hwo ever admitted that EEG's catch seizures only if they happen in the 20% of the brain that they measure and sometimes you have to go with the mom if she is seeing stuff that can't be measured! It is why he saw Jess way back in 4th grade when the teacher and gma said inattentive adhd and I say not my kid, not this one of my kids, does NOT fit her.

Please send vibes, etc... so that he doesn't see something and say he will pass on her case. It is unlikely, but could happen. Thank you ALL so very very much. It would be a lot easier to have a doctor in state than to have to travel out of state.

Mattsmom277

What a great turn of events. Its been such a long and frustrating road to try to find answers. I hope this is the start of the right path to answers and solutions. Look forward to updates.