How is everyone doing with their healthy eating &

Wiped Out

Staff member
exercising? Just thought I'd check in to see how others are doing. I'm still plugging away with the exercise. I'm getting a bit bored though with my workouts. I did try a new class last night (nordic walking). It was great but due to the humidity it made me a bit sick last night. And, oh boy, are my glutes sore today-every time I sit down or stand up-OUCH! And here I thought I was in decent shape :smile:

Eating wise I'm doing fair. Good some days, not so good others. I don't think I'll be quite where I wanted to be for my class reunion next weekend but I guess I'm not too far off from where I had hoped to be.

How are the rest of you doing?

KateM

I haven't posted for awhile, but I've been inspired by a similar thread 8 weeks ago. I rejoined Weight Watchers and have lost 16 pounds. I have another 20 to go to reach my goal.

The Point system works well for me. Exercising -- now that I find a challenge with the heat and humidity we've been experiencing! I have an elliptical machine in the basement which I enjoy using , when temps are below 90 degrees!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran-Glad to hear things are going well!

Kate-Way To Go! :bravo:Congrats on losing 16 pounds! It takes a lot of commitment and it sounds like you are doing an awesome job!!!!!!!!!Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

busywend

I have my class reunion next weekend, too!

I am currently looking into all the local gyms to see about a membership. It is more expensive than I thought - but I am just not exercising at home. I do walk at lunch time, but my new job is starting to get busy and I think that will not be possible soon.

I have managed to keep off the 30 lbs I lost (and quit smoking! :grin: ) But, I struggle daily with the weight.

I really want to be healthy. That is my goal. I do not think my big tummy is very healthy! And my back fat is just not making me feel very good about myself. So, it is definately time!

K

Kjs

I was trying...but hot flashes seem to wipe me out. Feel like I am going to pass out. Then I read another aritcle on menopause.
Weight gain, muscle wasting, hot flashes, raise in cholesterol, not to mention the osteoperosis.
They say hot flashes should diminish after one year. Well, my surgery was 3 years ago and the hot flashes are becomeing more intense and frequent. So, lost all will power especially after learning of muscle wasting!