How is everyone? Just wanted to say hello & check in.

lovemyson1

It’s been a long while and I was thinking of you all.

My son is doing absolutely amazing. Still serving in the military and has had two successful deployments.

Seems like so long ago I came here for help and you all rescued me. I’ll never forget that experience and I often share with others our encouraging journey.

I hope every distressed & discouraged parent/loved one is encouraged here like I was.

There is hope!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
So happy your son is still doing great!

It really is completely up to them when they want to change their lives! Some never do but I do hope none of us here are in that category!

My son has been home since November and doing very well but not totally sober but as long as he works hard and is responsible we are okay with that.

Congrats to your family!

Kathy813

Staff member
Hello LMS! I am thrilled to hear that your son continues to do well. I love to hear the happy endings.

My daughter is celebrating her 3rd anniversary of sobriety this Friday. She also got engaged last weekend and is planning a January 2020 wedding. I can't believe that we ever got here. I told her when we were discussing wedding plans that I thought I was going to be planning her funeral and here we are planning her wedding.

~Kathy

Last edited:

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Kathy - how exciting!!!

Congratulations. You must be over the moon with joy.

I'm so happy for you!! I truly am. The weight has been lifted from your shoulders. You must feel a million pounds lighter.

Kathy813

Staff member
Yes, RN, we are excited. We really like her fiance even though he is not what I would have ever thought I would want for my daughter.

He, too, is in recovery. He just celebrated his one year of sobriety in January. But he is really a great guy and is head over heals in love with my daughter.

My other daughter and I talked about it and she said that she thought T was the best thing that ever happened to L. He makes her a better person and she does the same for him. They also provide accountability for each other.

Of course, I will always worry about relapses but I can't let that ruin her joy. They are talking about getting married on his 2nd anniversary of sobriety which I think is kind of cool. . . even more reasons to celebrate.

~Kathy

lovemyson1

So happy your son is still doing great!

It really is completely up to them when they want to change their lives! Some never do but I do hope none of us here are in that category!

My son has been home since November and doing very well but not totally sober but as long as he works hard and is responsible we are okay with that.

Congrats to your family!
Thank you! I am so very happy to read your son is home and doing well! You’re so right, they have to make their own decision to change, all we can do is support their sobriety.

lovemyson1

Hello LMS! I am thrilled to hear that your son continues to do well. I love to hear the happy endings.

My daughter is celebrating her 3rd anniversary of sobriety this Friday. She also got engaged last weekend and is planning a January 2020 wedding. I can't believe that we ever got here. I told her when we were discussing wedding plans that I thought I was going to be planning her funeral and here we are planning her wedding.

~Kathy
Thank God to hear these great stories of beating addiction! So happy for you & thank you. I would’ve thought my son would be dead or in jail if not for his change. Congratulations!

New Leaf

Lms, what wonderful news, thank you for checking in and sharing. Kathy, congratulations to your daughter! I wish her all the best and hope that they will strengthen each other through love and continued recovery.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

Mamacat

I also haven't been here in awhile. My son is living with my husband and i. He has a job he really likes. I'm not going to say he's completely clean and sober. I've smelled alcohol a time or two and I suspect he smokes pot. None of it seems to interfere with his work or his behavior. I wish he was totally clean, but that's not happening right now.
My daughter is doing good. Not with the alcoholic abuser any more. She's working for the school district. My life is more relaxed than it's been in a long time.