How long did you wait in line to vote? (Don't say who you voted for)

BusynMember

I'm working for a campaign and I keep hearing people are standing in line for HOURS. I voted early--you can do that in my state. So here's a place to vent. How long did you have to wait to vote? I'm really curious :) And where do you live?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
No lines anymore for me - I voted by Absentee Ballot weeks ago. Will let you know how long Jamie stands in line tomorrow as he told me he is a "purist" and feels standing in line is part of the whole voting process LOL

I do feel with the lines they are showing on TV in other states that the elderly should be given preferential treatment. I would imagine the lines they are showing would be discouraging to some. It takes an hour in a normal election

They are not allowed to show the news here on other states until our polling places are closed :( for fear that we not show up if we have an inkling on who is winning - like that is going to happen this year :)

Marcie

nvts

Yeah, we can't vote early in our state either. All of the polling places are in the schools so due to security, they can't open to the general public when the kids are in the building.

NYC schools are off tomorrow, so I'll also let you know what the lines are like!

Trust me: One day off for the demons is MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME!!!

Beth

meowbunny

Another absentee voter but for my home state. My friend, the DA, set this up so that I could vote but not be able to be found via voter registration info. Guess I'll never be able to vote in a local election here (not that it really matters -- if the Villagers want it, the outlying towns are up the proverbial creek and I'd be one that would vote for the locals).

SRL

I didn't vote early because I like being part of election day. :) We have fairly small precints in my county and the longest I've ever waited in line is 10 minutes.

A lot of schools are election sites and I wish they did a better job of security because it always falls on a school day. There's no extra sueprvision added at all, even with all the strangers walking into the building. I've complained, but to no avail.

Andy

There should be a law of "No results publicized until ALL voting posts are closed" Too many people across the country put too much importance in the early results and like said before it often determines if someone will vote or not. Those deciding not to vote based on early results really can put the wrong person in office as the other person's supporters give up on going in because, "We are so far ahead they don't need my vote" or "We are so far behind they don't need my vote." I say we need a true result to know who the people really want and that means every single person's vote.

Every person's vote is important. Encourage all you know to vote even if you know they are voting against you.

I will vote tomorrow - I am not sure if I try before work, after work 12:30, or after school so difficult child can be with. Probably after school. difficult child is really into voting. I have always tried to take my kids to give them that experience.

Lothlorien

I'm going in the am, after the kids get on the bus. I hope I'm not on line too long, cause I have to be home to get Mighty Mouse off the bus. I don't want to take him with me. One year, I wasn't finished voting and he had to hit the big red button. I was so annoyed. The major voting was done, but I didn't get to vote on some of the questions, as I was in the middle of still reading one, when he did it. Last time I took him, I made him wait outside the curtain, but I don't like to do that.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I need to take some family for surgery tomorrow so I voted last Friday. There is virtually only one place to vote early for our county and I got there around 8:50 am and got out at 10:30 am. They did have to look up my name address on a computer so that took some time. Actual voting didn't take long and they did explain how to use the machines. Hoping people don't give up without voting........

Fran

Former desparate mom
We attempted to vote early on Saturday. All 3 times the lines were very long. Guess I will wait in line tomorrow.
Maybe I should bring a chair, bottle of water and a good book!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm going sometime after 9am tomorrow. I don't expect the line to be long since most people around here are either at work or school by then. I'll let you know how it goes!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
On the news here in Tucson people were waiting for hours on Friday. But all of the computers went down?
Still they are saying long lines. :(
I should have voted early, I don't know why I didn't! I was going to get up and go at 6am. But now husband is going... so we will drop off the kids and then go and vote for...
$&#*$ $*#&@
and PROP $&(%%&#(

Mayapple5

I'm a judge, so I'm planning on being up town (one block) by 5:00 and won't be home until (9:00 or after) I will be one of two people taking the ballots to the county seat about 25 miles away after the polls close and everything is tallied and put away.

We eat pretty good all day, I'm not sure how much time we will have to do that tomorrow, we are expecting long, continuous lines or at the least very busy times, before work, during lunch hour, after school, and after work hours. They usually come in spurts like that but they will be waiting in line this time as the ballot is a big one. We have three districts in the building I will be working in, with 5 people for each district. Fifteen people at three tables (that's all the room we have). but we sure have lots of food! (Did I mention that already?)

B

butterflydreams

about 45 minutes. But it wasn't too awful bad, at least it wasn't cold or wet.

N

Nomad

45 minutes in line
15 minutes inside
Not too bad.
Poor difficult child. Went to vote today...no longer available today.
She said she will probably go tomorrow.
She was not sure if she is still in the home district and thought she would be safe if she did early voting (well sort of early..one day)